VGK hosting 6-team rookie tournament

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I have to say the one thing this team definitely did wrong is making the seating capacity of this arena so little.

In fairness, it's a practice facility. I ask this because I'm ignorant of other facilities and am curious, do other teams have practice arenas with more seating?

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
In fairness, it's a practice facility. I ask this because I'm ignorant of other facilities and am curious, do other teams have practice arenas with more seating?
Just saying there was a lot higher potential for the facility. Look at UNLV hockey, it is standing room only for their games. Be nice if they could have had more seats to look more D1 ready.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just saying there was a lot higher potential for the facility. Look at UNLV hockey, it is standing room only for their games. Be nice if they could have had more seats to look more D1 ready.

That I agree with.

I wonder how much it would cost to retrofit cox for ice...

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
That I agree with.

I wonder how much it would cost to retrofit cox for ice...
I really think if the Orleans was smart, they would get back into hockey stuff. Host tournaments and different events. But then again they dumped the Wranglers right before they would have been the best ticket in town pre-VGK...

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I really think if the Orleans was smart, they would get back into hockey stuff. Host tournaments and different events. But then again they dumped the Wranglers right before they would have been the best ticket in town pre-VGK...

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when the Orleans made that decision. We'll never know all sides of that story. It was a shame they couldn't find an alternative at the time, the Plaza was just never going to work.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any word on a potential stream? If still no word, what do you guys think the percentage would be that a stream will be available?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Any word on a potential stream? If still no word, what do you guys think the percentage would be that a stream will be available?

It was announced games would be streamed. Details have not (yet) been released.

http://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/299848854/binary-file/file.pdf
Anaheim roster

2018 Rookie Camp Roster and Details Announced
Los Angeles

http://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/299849230/binary-file/file.pdf
Colorado

http://coyotes.nhl.com/v2/ext/2018RookieCampRoster.pdf
Arizona

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Really, really excited to see the progression from the big 4 prospects this year from last.

I think Glass is going to make this team for at least half the games. Maybe he starts out on the 3rd line on the wing.

He plays a defensively responsible, mature game. Ryan Johanson, who is a good comparable for Glass played 67 games with Columbus in his D+1. Very similar frames and skill sets.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Really, really excited to see the progression from the big 4 prospects this year from last.

I think Glass is going to make this team for at least half the games. Maybe he starts out on the 3rd line on the wing.

He plays a defensively responsible, mature game. Ryan Johanson, who is a good comparable for Glass played 67 games with Columbus in his D+1. Very similar frames and skill sets.

If Glass plays more than 9 games he burns off 1 year of his ELC. Johansen probably should have stayed in junior another year, like another kid with a big frame - Scheifele(although Winnipeg did try to rush him twice).

Ideally he and Suzuki will get a lot of experience at the World Juniors.

As much as I'd like to see one of the prospects step in and fill the void left by Perron and Neal, I'm not sure it makes sense for their development. Maybe Suzuki if he's added a lot of strength over the summer.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I don’t know. Suzuki is going to require some AHL time in my opinion. From the little i’ve saw, and from scouting reports, he tends to get a little “dangly” and plays on the perimeter a little too often. That works on junior talent, but he will get eaten alive trying that stuff in the pro game.

I think there will be a good adjustment period for him that I don’t think Glass is going to need.

And if history shows us anything, top ten draft picks usually make the show in their D+2. You’re almost an outlier if you do not.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If Glass plays more than 9 games he burns off 1 year of his ELC. Johansen probably should have stayed in junior another year, like another kid with a big frame - Scheifele(although Winnipeg did try to rush him twice).

Ideally he and Suzuki will get a lot of experience at the World Juniors.

As much as I'd like to see one of the prospects step in and fill the void left by Perron and Neal, I'm not sure it makes sense for their development. Maybe Suzuki if he's added a lot of strength over the summer.

There's almost no way Glass or Suzuki play past nine games this year. No spots for them unless they somehow make some shocking trades, such as moving Lindberg, Carrier and Reaves without getting NHL ready talent back. Even then playing on the fourth line or even the third line with Eakin isn't going to serve much progress for Glass and Suzuki just isn't ready so he'd make it only in an emergency. I doubt Suzuki even gets a shot at any games this year, Glass could get the cup of coffee just so they can take the free look at what they have for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad