Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CHI/TOR] Robin Lehner, Dzierkals to VGK, M. Subban, S. Demin, 2020 2nd to CHI, 2020 5th to TOR

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
lol wow 2 shots. so just because hes a no body it's impossible to stop a couple shots? everybody ignoring the fact that Carolina played a near perfect 3rd period.
playing like that I bet more teams than just the leafs would have lost that 3rd.
The amount of people that hate on the leafs for zero reason is extremely annoying. if this was any other team it would have been forgotten about already
Yeah well, it’s not other teams isnt it. It’s your team that just lost to a Zamboni driver with a team infront of him playing on a back to back and still put up almost 50SOG

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yeah well, it’s not other teams isnt it. It’s your team that just lost to a Zamboni driver with a team infront of him playing on a back to back and still put up almost 50SOG
exactly they were freaking horrible. u could have been their goalie and they would have still won. then it would have been Billy Kvcmn is the hero. fact is that goalie didnt have to do very much. Leafs got absolutely squashed, I was a little surprised they came out that bad in the 3rd. really is embarrassing to be a leafs fan.
everyone kicking us when were already down. we know we suck lol
I guess I should thank Florida for selling and giving them a better chance at playoffs to get decimated by the Bruins again or TB

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
exactly they were freaking horrible. u could have been their goalie and they would have still won. then it would have been Billy Kvcmn is the hero. fact is that goalie didnt have to do very much. Leafs got absolutely squashed, I was a little surprised they came out that bad in the 3rd. really is embarrassing to be a leafs fan.
everyone kicking us when were already down. we know we suck lol
I guess I should thank Florida for selling and giving them a better chance at playoffs to get decimated by the Bruins again or TB
This is sad, I’m sorry.
We all have tough time. My team MVP goalie just went down for 1 month and now a 23 years old goalie is our starter for the final playoff push

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Because there's no drinking or drugs in Chicago, right?

Is Chicago a city built on 24/7 party time with cute girls on the sidewalks trying to sell you margaritas and beer when you walk past actually holding the drink out under your nose?
Because I don’t think they are similar but I have never been to Chicago

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
lol wow 2 shots. so just because hes a no body it's impossible to stop a couple shots? everybody ignoring the fact that Carolina played a near perfect 3rd period.
playing like that I bet more teams than just the leafs would have lost that 3rd.
The amount of people that hate on the leafs for zero reason is extremely annoying. if this was any other team it would have been forgotten about already

uh probably not Montreal or Boston.
With great power comes great responsibility

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
What that kind of embarrassment happen during an already underwhelming season
You either sell hard or add hard
Period

There is an alternative world view:

The Leafs will accomplish zero in the playoffs this year (assuming they make it as they are 3rd in the Atlantic). They are a treadmill team at this moment.

There is no way they can compete with Boston, Tampa, Pitt and Washington.

They are a fundamentally flawed team. I do agree with you they need to make dramatic changes.

But doing so under a high pressure trade deadline is counter productive. No need to make a panic trade and make a big mistake. They have made enough of those already.

The big trade needs to be done in the off season.

But man, I sure wanted Barrie traded!

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If Vegas wanted better than league average goaltending why did they hire Pete Deboer and Steve Spott?

Reactions: Mikenusca

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Well...they pay $190.000 for it apparently.
Will be fun if the 5th round player actually becomes good. Then they could say he was worth 190k.

Its a cheaper investment than teams do a lot of the time - ie teams will pay other players to play against them when they retain salary ec5

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Jesus Christ, is that you? Pure as the driven snow?

He had a problem and dealt with it. Your response is why so many people are not open and or do not seek out help because of the backlash comments like yours.
My response is spot on. He hasn't dealt with it. It's not past tense, never will be. He deals with it every day of his life, and will forever. Vegas is a terrible place to live when you're battling those demons.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I get the Toronto hate, I really do, but how can you slag on a GM for picking up what's essentially a free 5th round pick?

Jamie Benn was a 5th round pick.

I mean so were Niclas Almari and Caleb Herbet, I get it, but why not take the free lottery scratch ticket? I think I'm understanding this right in that it doesn't hurt any moves the Leafs want to make this year and has no impact beyond this season?

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
All it cost was a 5th? That can't be right, can it?

Or did Toronto just want to ****block Carolina?

I never even entertained the idea of Lehner because of his 5m cap hit.

It's $190k in real dollars (less after escrow), and after the Leafs made the decision to do essentially nothing at the deadline, there was no way to spend that $1.1m as they have $3.4.m on LTIR with Johnsson done for the year.

Kudos to the creativity of all 3 teams involved... they just found a way to decrease Lehner's cap hit from $5m to $1.4m, with absolutely no potential of adverse impact to either of the teams retaining salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad