Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CHI/TOR] Robin Lehner, Dzierkals to VGK, M. Subban, S. Demin, 2020 2nd to CHI, 2020 5th to TOR

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I like Lehner, but th is trade feels like Chicago saying "screw you" to him and sending him somewhere he won't get to play, despite the nothing return. Have to think several teams would've beaten this offer. Keeping him wouldve beaten this offer. 3 teams in 3 years have walked away from him despite him playing extremely well. Either he's intolerable to deal with, or his agent is. That's my impression anyway, fwiw.
A 2nd round pick+ is a nothing return?

Reactions: hn777

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Option 1
Sell if you don’t believe it’s your year, that way you can get more picks if you love picks so much

Option 2
Add real pieces to shake up the team if you still believe this is your year

Stand pad is literally the worst
what if there wasn't a good deal to be made? Sometimes it's okay to not lose a trade just so you can say you did something. the Leafs making this move had nothing to do with them not making other moves, it was just something they felt was worth pursuing. and it was, since it was basically a free pick

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
what if there wasn't a good deal to be made? Sometimes it's okay to not lose a trade just so you can say you did something. the Leafs making this move had nothing to do with them not making other moves, it was just something they felt was worth pursuing. and it was, since it was basically a free pick

Just to add to this. The leafs also address one of their problems a couple of weeks ago: Backup Goalie.

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Why did the Leafs waste their time with this?
This is a unexpectedly weak take from someone who's been on this site for so long.

I'm sure you know that each franchise has a whole group of staff in management, so they can delegate simple stuff like this to specific people, while still keeping the ability to negotiate other trades.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Option 1
Sell if you don’t believe it’s your year, that way you can get more picks if you love picks so much

Option 2

Tell that to Doug Armstrong last year.......

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is a unexpectedly weak take from someone who's been on this site for so long.

I'm sure you know that each franchise has a whole group of staff in management, so they can delegate simple stuff like this to specific people, while still keeping the ability to negotiate other trades.

We hear every single year about teams working on deals but they run out of time. These people aren't as smart or daft as people like to think.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
So since three-way trades don't actually exist in the NHL, did anyone figure out what actually happened to get this done?

I'm thinking it must have been 3 trades:

1 (this one is a for sure, as Chicago's press release mentions it)

TOR: Lehner
CHI: Dzierkals

VGK: Lehner
TOR: 5th

CHI: Subban, Demin, 2nd
VGK: Dzierkals

Edit: Ok, this is good timing, since this was just tweeted:

Reactions: d rake

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Not thinking about this trade in particular but I feel that Chicago has done a lot of shit trades since their 3rd Cup. Is this a give something back To the rest of the teams thing?

Reactions: ColdSteel2

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Option 1

Option 2

Anyone looking for a GM? lmao

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Instead
He saved two shots from a Mathews
lol wow 2 shots. so just because hes a no body it's impossible to stop a couple shots? everybody ignoring the fact that Carolina played a near perfect 3rd period.
playing like that I bet more teams than just the leafs would have lost that 3rd.
The amount of people that hate on the leafs for zero reason is extremely annoying. if this was any other team it would have been forgotten about already

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
We hear every single year about teams working on deals but they run out of time. These people aren't as smart or daft as people like to think.
But why would the leafs care of the deal doesn't happen because they ran out of time? This is a no-lose situation. (Other than MLSE's balance sheet)

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I like Lehner, but th is trade feels like Chicago saying "screw you" to him and sending him somewhere he won't get to play, despite the nothing return. Have to think several teams would've beaten this offer. Keeping him wouldve beaten this offer. 3 teams in 3 years have walked away from him despite him playing extremely well. Either he's intolerable to deal with, or his agent is. That's my impression anyway, fwiw.
Why wouldnt he get to play? Fleury has a .906 sv%

He is massively overrated by everyone. Outside of a career year his forst year in vegas, he has been merely an average goalie his entire career who lost his job to his backup in pittsburgh and probably should have lost his job this year except for the fact his backup is even bigger garbage

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Well...they pay $190.000 for it apparently.
Will be fun if the 5th round player actually becomes good. Then they could say he was worth 190k.

Not if they dongblocked Carolina by doing it. Skjei, Vatanen and Trocheck with both their mediocre 1A and 1B goalies injured and no upgrade coming there doesn't sound like a playoff run going all according to plan. Lehner had real potential to provide a greater impact down the stretch than all three of those players combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00