Confirmed with Link: [VGK/CAR] Erik Haula for Nicolas Roy + Conditional 5th Round Pick

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hopefully Haula is over his leg thing, although a Minny fan on the main board mentioned that he was practicing in preparation for the playoffs if they had gotten in.

If we bring back either Willy or McGinn now, I'll be happy with this offseason.

Nino-Aho-Svech
Turbo-Staal-Willy
Foegele-Haula-Necas
Martinook-Wallmark-Maenelanen/McGinn

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I wonder if Haula is good enough to push Jordan down to 3C?

I think that this gives Necas a good chance to develop into a center instead of throwing him into the deep end now.

Nice job by management here and helps to understand yesterday's trade a bit more. I do hope we have one more big move left.

Reactions: Unsustainable

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Pushing Wallmark down and adding a speedster makes us a quicker team for sure. Allows Wallmark to keep developing on the fourth without a ton of pressure to be better offensively.

He COULD be our second center if he clicks with someone but Rod loves him some Staal so it’s hard to imagine Haula getting more minutes than him.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

I think that this gives Necas a good chance to develop into a center instead of throwing him into the deep end now.

Nice job by management here and helps to understand yesterday's trade a bit more. I do hope we have one more big move left.
There won't be a lot of difference between the 2nd and 3rd lines in ice time. Both will probably PK, Jordan will get the tougher matchups when he can, and both will probably get some PP time as well.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

If he's still capable of 29 goals, maybe you put him on Aho's wing and maximize that potential. If we have a top 6 of

Nino-Aho-Haula
Turbo-Staal-Svech

I'm very OK with the third line being something like Martinook-Wallmark-Necas (it worked last year with Svech in that spot)

- and that's a worse case scenario, we could still sign Willy or another forward

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
A guy who has scored 29 goals in a single NHL season for a guy who will likely never even play 29 NHL games in his career. I'm looking for a catch, but, uh... Holy cap casualties, batman.

I wouldnt get excited about the 29 goals, nor would I ever expect him to do that again. That 1st Vegas season was one big anomaly.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I wouldnt get excited about the 29 goals, nor would I ever expect him to do that again. That 1st Vegas season was one big anomaly.

Haula scored at nearly the same 5v5 rate in 15-16 (12 goals in 967 minutes), 16-17 (14 goals in 995 minutes), and his first year in Vegas 17-18 (17 goals in 1320 minutes). He just 1) played a lot bigger role in Vegas than Minny and 2) also scored 12 PP goals whereas he never received PP time in Minny.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00