Confirmed with Link: [VGK/CAR] Erik Haula for Nicolas Roy + Conditional 5th Round Pick

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Love it.

He's very cheap next year relative to his 17-18 production at just $2.75 mil. There's no long-term commitment attached to him as a 2020 UFA. He can play center now and shift over to the wing for Necas later, if re-signed. A center pushes Wallmark down instead of a wing forcing Foegele to the 4th line coming off his big postseason. He scored 12 PPGs in his big year; there's a fit for him in the mid-slot/netfront of a reformed PP.

A Foegele - Haula - Necas speed line changes the dynamic of the Bottom 6.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It's verrrry nice!

borat-thumbs-up-copy.jpg

I liked Nic a lot. Hope he makes it and has a great career, but he looks more and more like a career bottom 6 grinder. Great job moving him for a legit scorer.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
the fruits of having drafted and developed well enough to trade pieces that can't fit into your lineup for those that can is a luxury we haven't had in a long time. losing saarela and roy barely dents the depth in charlotte but just helped the big club in a major, major way in picking up our backup goaltender and a forward who can slot anywhere in the middle six.

i liked nicolas roy, but he's a player for a league that no longer exists. he would have been just fine in the clutch and grab era but in a league that values skating as much as this iteration does, he's just not that guy. i would love for him to prove us wrong, but this is insane value.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
What's great about a guy like Haula vs. say Marchessault, is Haula willl be a UFA next year, and they can just do this again next year. Fill a roster spot with a underpaid cap casualty. The way other GMs are paying players, this is going to happen over and over and over for the foreseeable future.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Personally don't like it, shedded cap space, better not have been just for this...also always loved Nic Roy as a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad