Pre-Game Talk: Versus Columbus. This is a haiku game thread. 5:30 game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
lol, gregor just read a text he got from a current nhl dman he was conversing with the other night... the dman said, "oilers bottom 6 is the easiest to play against in the nhl. no effort, urgency and half a$$ed forechecks and intensity, no physicality and speed other than that swedish guy etc" something like that.
It’s true

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Did Stauffer the shill confirm? Stoked if Nygard is back albeit I don’t know why they keep scratching jurco. Get juj out of here.
If Jurco's out, I'm left shaking my head once again with this team and it's coaching. Again, last night, he was one of only a handful of guys who seemed to have any energy out there. He a smart, solid, and pretty creative player. The way the forwards are playing right now, he should probably be up on our second line. Keeping him in over Russell, Khaira, Granlund, or Hass just blows my mind.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If Jurco's out, I'm left shaking my head once again with this team and it's coaching. Again, last night, he was one of only a handful of guys who seemed to have any energy out there. He a smart, solid, and pretty creative player. The way the forwards are playing right now, he should probably be up on our second line. Keeping him in over Russell, Khaira, Granlund, or Hass just blows my mind.
LOL what on earth has jurco done compared to the rest? Does he PK? No. Does he play PP? No. He’s got 2 assists off of Neal’s scoring tear. Anyone could’ve got those assists

Reactions: iCanada

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
LOL what on earth has jurco done compared to the rest? Does he PK? No. Does he play PP? No. He’s got 2 assists off of Neal’s scoring tear. Anyone could’ve got those assists
There shouldn't be anyone shocked to be scratched tonight that played last night's game. Outside of a few.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He shows a pulse offensively. Keeps the play alive and he isn't a liability defensively like most of our bottom 9

Reactions: Pomee

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He shows a pulse offensively. Keeps the play alive and he isn't a liability defensively like most of our bottom 9
.... the rest of our bottom 9 PK. There damn good at it. If Jurco isn’t a liability defensively then why doesn’t he PK?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
.... the rest of our bottom 9 PK. There damn good at it. If Jurco isn’t a liability defensively then why doesn’t he PK?
There is more to the game than the penalty kill. If they are all good at it then who cares if you replace one of them for a guy who can actually push a bit of offense? You don't need 9 f***ing forwards to pk

Reactions: Pomee

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
It’s true

i hope gregor shares that with the team. small chance it'll light a fire under their sagging a$$es. wonder which dman this was. probably a edmonton and area boy or former oiler that has played us already this year. Boychuck? Spurgeon? Lewington? Or maybe Pysyk... i think he knows him well.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
lol, gregor just read a text he got from a current nhl dman he was conversing with the other night... the dman said, "oilers bottom 6 is the easiest to play against in the nhl. no effort, urgency and half a$$ed forechecks and intensity, no physicality and speed other than that swedish guy etc" something like that.

I was going to get angry, but it's impossible. It's all true.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
You
You would think that wouldn't be that hard to find. So many guys want to make it to the league but don't have the talent. Hard work and consistent effort should be easier to find than talent.

Reactions: iCanada
Oct 15, 2008
giphy.gif

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Honestly never thought of that but it isn't a bad idea. My main problem with Manning is that he is a defenseman and sucks at defending but if he was a 4th liner that plays with the edge he sometimes plays with as well as him having a slap shot he'd probably be an upgrade on the majority of the bottom 6.

Yeah. Plus that shot from the half wall is maybe something. He's got decent wheels, and can bang bodies.

I'd be down to try. Surely it can't be worse. Lol. He'd instantly be our top scoring bottom 6er.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You

You would think that wouldn't be that hard to find. So many guys want to make it to the league but don't have the talent. Hard work and consistent effort should be easier to find than talent.

Boils down to motivation. For some reason, guys who come here start to sag really easily and lose motivation. I believe that reason to be our general culture.

Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad