Pre-Game Talk: Versus Columbus. This is a haiku game thread. 5:30 game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Well, apparently everyone will get their wish to see Mandog out of the lineup, even though he didn't really make any glaring mistakes that would justify a benching. In fact, he seemed like the only Oiler that had any passion in two or three of the games he played.

So we will see the smooth skating/passing Swede once again. Hope he does well. Watch the body checks, Joel.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Well, apparently everyone will get their wish to see Mandog out of the lineup, even though he didn't really make any glaring mistakes that would justify a benching. In fact, he seemed like the only Oiler that had any passion in two or three of the games he played.

So we will see the smooth skating/passing Swede once again. Hope he does well. Watch the body checks, Joel.

Honestly it’s less of Manning being out (I think he’s been good in his role for the most part) and more Russel playing where he belongs and Persson adding more puck movement.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers playing bad.
Expecting McDrai to score.
Bottom six as well.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

You played well man dog. You held your own and battled well.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Of note I can't find anything on twitter that suggests any lineup changes other than Smith in goal.

Maybe Stauffer said it on his show or something.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

It's not really your fault mandog, you've been one of our most engaged guys. You played your role well.

But we need to have better puck moving from the back end as a team. Let's Russell move down.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Remember when Kassian destroyed Dubinsky?

Dubinsky’s gloves came off first for the record.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
what does Khaira need to do to prove to the coaching staff that he needs to sit for a couple? Guy hasn’t done a single useful thing yet this season.
Of that bottom six, who has? He does PK and the team has been good at it. I’d rather keep him in for that. Jurco doesn’t do anything offensively or defensively

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

It’s not that Manning is bad. The problem he creates is that it forces the team to put Russell on the Right side top 4... and he is complete garbage at it

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Having 3 of the same player Benning/Russel/Manning completely killed the transition game this team had its first 6 games.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Of that bottom six, who has? He does PK and the team has been good at it. I’d rather keep him in for that. Jurco doesn’t do anything offensively or defensively
2 points +2 while Kharia has a whopping 0 points and a -7. For all the"good" Khaira maybe does on the pk he absolutely sucks at 5 on 5.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Stauffer said that Persson is likely to return tonight .

I hope Nygard is in as well. That would be huge.

Fingers crossed !

Reactions: KYams17

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I'm so sick of the D right now.

Persson needs to come back ASAP, and before that happens we need to dress lagesson and either get russell back to the third pairing, or sit him. I would honestly rather manning, benning, or lagesson play with Klef because I can't imagine it being any worse than Russell has been.

Very impressive if youre just played 5 games, but are your teams most missed player.

Do anyone know why Tippet rejects Lagesson? Is he a eticly bad person?

Seriously. McDavid and Leon likes to play with each other. BUT the best is to let them be happy-play-around on PP. And give them each a line to play with. Or are they so tired of lack of hockeysense, they dont want to play with lower standing players anymore? I can actually imagine it is that way.

Because the sensble thing left to do, IS to split the two Supernovas from one line.
Nuge is nowadays a good complimantary player.

The rest is starting to look just sad.
The only bottom scoring is two rookies, Nygård and Haas with points.
Even Manning has more goals than bottom 6 players.

Why is it that HARD to split McDavid and Leon?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
"Why yes, I do like to win duels instantly. How can you tell"?

ediXUaq.jpg
Exodia is my Spirit Animal,
5 cards, 5 cups, one historic team,
The Edmonton Oilers are Exodia.
703EBEA6-3CC0-4C73-9603-05547BCF5CC9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad