Pre-Game Talk: Versus Columbus. This is a haiku game thread. 5:30 game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Now Haas is higher in the hierachy than Jurco. What happend with that guy?
If Khaira Nuge Gagner is your 2nd line. You dont have a good hockey team.
Im sorry, but no.

Or is the Nygård Haas Neal the 2nd line? Cause its sure stronger.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I think Chiasson and Khaira plays because there could be only one forward on the bench.

But as I said earlier. try Lagesson and Persson as forwards, or Manning (If you want to push down Russel to 3rd pairing). It can only go uphill with the bottom 6.
I bet they would be more effective. Or at least more talented.

I bet Jurco gets sent down. And granlund is in the Tippet freezebox, and I bet thats not a sweet place to be,

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
My English is crap
Still I cheer for my team hard
From omsk in Russia
Your English is fine man. We all get negative about the Oilers. I like what Gregor said. Guys are not doing what they are capable of. They also aren't giving much up.

Look where we are and how bad our depth is. We can only go up from here I think.

Edit: You didn't say anything negative, those were just my thoughts.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I think Chiasson and Khaira plays because there could be only one forward on the bench.

But as I said earlier. try Lagesson and Persson as forwards, or Manning (If you want to push down Russel to 3rd pairing). It can only go uphill with the bottom 6.
I bet they would be more effective. Or at least more talented.

I bet Jurco gets sent down. And granlund is in the Tippet freezebox, and I bet thats not a sweet place to be,
Honestly never thought of that but it isn't a bad idea. My main problem with Manning is that he is a defenseman and sucks at defending but if he was a 4th liner that plays with the edge he sometimes plays with as well as him having a slap shot he'd probably be an upgrade on the majority of the bottom 6.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There in the game bud. Why do you look for the worst scenario?
I wasn't looking at worst case scenario, just could have seen Tippet keep them out till they had a full practice with the team in their spots was all.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Has anyone else noticed this? When the season started all of our lines would pass the puck back to the defence when in the neutral zone and no play materialized. Last 3-4 games our forwards are just dumping pucks into the offensive zone and not chasing it (mostly bottom six lines). Is it just me who’s noticed this?

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Honestly never thought of that but it isn't a bad idea. My main problem with Manning is that he is a defenseman and sucks at defending but if he was a 4th liner that plays with the edge he sometimes plays with as well as him having a slap shot he'd probably be an upgrade on the majority of the bottom 6.

Im on this idea.

Klefbom Persson
Nurse Bear
Russell (why not Lagesson here Tippet) Benning

Nuge McDavid Neal
Jurco Leon Gagner
Nygård Haas Kassian
Manning Sheahan P.Russell

Reactions: Pomee

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
We suck like last year,
Something in the water Bob?
Wasn't all Toby's fault.

Reactions: KYams17

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
There in the game bud. Why do you look for the worst scenario?
How do you know they’re in the game though ?

I appreciate the optimism but I think it’s best we don’t assume anything. Persson is “likely” according to Stauffer but we haven’t heard a peep about Nygard.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
How do you know they’re in the game though ?

I appreciate the optimism but I think it’s best we don’t assume anything. Persson is “likely” according to Stauffer but we haven’t heard a peep about Nygard.
All right?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
lol, gregor just read a text he got from a current nhl dman he was conversing with the other night... the dman said, "oilers bottom 6 is the easiest to play against in the nhl. no effort, urgency and half a$$ed forechecks and intensity, no physicality and speed other than that swedish guy etc" something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad