Recalled/Assigned: Veilleux/Kuemper up; Zucker/McMillan down

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm happy Veilleux is coming back up. He's always a good example of consistent effort. I really hope he stays up as a permanent part of the 4th line.

Its the other 3 lines and the forward omlet Yeo is about to make that worries me.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Any one starting to worry that Zucker is Casey Wellman 2.0?

Way, way too early for that. Keep in mind their ages, Wellman was quite a bit older before he got to us. I would also say without hesitation that Zucker is better now than Wellman ever was, and Zucker still has plenty of room to grow.

Zucker will be fine. Some kids take more seasoning than others.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Zucker could be an NHL career 3rd line winger by next season if he just spent all year in the AHL working on his defensive game and puck protection.

Wellman's problem was that he didn't really have anything going for him other than his offensive ability, which was not NHL caliber.

Zucker has been offensive ability, plus he brings blazing speed, hits, and has good forechecking ability.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
One question I have for management is how they think that giving guys just one game is the right way to give chances. All I've seen is a game of musical chairs. Nobody they call up is effective.

Any one starting to worry that Zucker is Casey Wellman 2.0?
Unfortunately I see a lot of similarities (age, playing style, lack of NHL production). Unless he's taking a shot, Zucker is commonly invisible. He's just not "in the play" much. Very concerning.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Zucker just needs time to find consistency in his game then he'll be ready next time we call him up.

I mean I get the moves today, but my first reaction every time I hear "Veilleux" called up is why. Grrrr.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This call up is all about grit and toughness. Among other things, the Wild have been bullied this year(Coyle going out didn't help), and Vielleux will help solve that problem. It is a bit of a panic move, though. One game is not enough for anyone to show what they can do.

Last edited:

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
IMHO Veilleux is a scrub - he doesn't deserve to be taking a roster spot from one of the youngsters who need experience. I've always thought this going back to the Lemaire days.

Also, he isn't very tough or gritty either.... just a warm body who can PK fairly decently

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
He's gonna be on the fourth line. It's not like he's taking minutes from Nino or Granlund.

Just saying I'd rather see one of our "grinder" type prospects. Maybe they do great maybe they do meh but Veyooo doesn't have any potential to be anything more than what we've seen for years, a warm body.

I mean, what about a big guy like Bulmer or maybe a potential scorer like Haula. Just rather see what other guys would bring to this team now, not more Veyoooo

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
The Wild got Veilleux when they were young and inexperience, and haven't been able to get rid of him since. Each time you think he's gone for good, he flairs up again with a burning hunger.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Just saying I'd rather see one of our "grinder" type prospects. Maybe they do great maybe they do meh but Veyooo doesn't have any potential to be anything more than what we've seen for years, a warm body.

I mean, what about a big guy like Bulmer or maybe a potential scorer like Haula. Just rather see what other guys would bring to this team now, not more Veyoooo

Haula has barely played in the AHL, rather have him down there for the whole year (or at least a top-6/9 call-up). Bulmer had an amazingly bad year last year and I don't see what he's done to prove he deserves to be called up. I'd rather have the kids getting more minutes in the AHL than 4th line minutes in the NHL.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Haula has barely played in the AHL, rather have him down there for the whole year (or at least a top-6/9 call-up). Bulmer had an amazingly bad year last year and I don't see what he's done to prove he deserves to be called up. I'd rather have the kids getting more minutes in the AHL than 4th line minutes in the NHL.

There has got be someone down there that would be better than Veilleux. I admittedly don't follow our minor team very closely but would rather see some new blood over this guy...

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Well look at Fontaine, he was amazing in the minors and is now having to learn and adapt to the NHL on the fourth line. We don't want two guys on the fourth line going through growing pains. You want a guy who can step in and play and be decent and provide energy and then can sit on the bench for five minutes. That's Veilleux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad