Recalled/Assigned: Veilleux/Kuemper up; Zucker/McMillan down

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Last edited by a moderator:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Good call. I wonder if he's going to slot in the 2nd with Granlund and Nino, or 3rd with Cooke and Brodz?

Earlier today Russo was tweeting out about it and basically said that if it were up to him, he'd have these as lines:

Parise - Koivu - Pominville
Zucker - Granlund - Nino
Cooke - Brodziak - Heatley
Fontaine - Konopka - Mitchell

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Earlier today Russo was tweeting out about it and basically said that if it were up to him, he'd have these as lines:

Zucker - Granlund - Nino

But it's up to Yeo, so these will be the lines:

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Heatley-Granlund-Nino
Cooke-Brodziak-Mitchell
Fontaine-Konopka-Rupp

Zucker making popcorn.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

Zucker - Granlund - Nino

Man, I wish we could trade Heatley somewhere. Yeah, it's been only two games, but he has looked downright abysmal.

OpRedDawn*

Zucker - Granlund - Nino

I'd switch Heater and Mitchell hah. Then it'd be good.

tsmbain

Jun 6, 2010
But it's up to Yeo, so these will be the lines:

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Heatley-Granlund-Nino
Cooke-Brodziak-Mitchell
Fontaine-Konopka-Rupp

Zucker making popcorn.

Rupp must not be ready yet. Or no reason to call up Zucker.

Billy Mays Here*

Bet he didn't think he'd be getting the call already, but that's what happens with injuries.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Russo's new article about it.

One week after Jason Zucker was the final cut of training camp, the 21-year-old left wing was recalled from Iowa of the American Hockey League and will be in lineup Tuesday in Nashville.

Mikael Granlund, 21, likely will move from third-line right wing to second-line center. Zucker, who played with Granlund last season in Houston, likely will play second-line left wing, although coach Mike Yeo was noncommittal to the team’s plans Sunday night.

So our top nine looks like:

Zucker - Granlund - Heatley/Nino
Cooke - Brodziak - Nino/Heatley

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Just play the kids together on 2nd and realize Heatley is **** and bury him on the 4th line or pressbox.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Mmm... None of the kid line can be defensively responsible, yet. I doubt Yeo wants a line like that. Heatley hasn't mastered that business either but he still has experience over them. I think he's been alright without the puck in the D zone.

E: I'd rather the kid line too, tho.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Why not...

Cooke - Granlund - Nino
Zucker - Brodziak - Heatley

Brodz and Heater have had chemistry in the past. They played a lot together in the 11-12 season. Zucker is a speedy finisher, feisty in the corners and in front of the net.

Cooke brings some D in an otherwise inexperienced line. Granlund might work a bit better as a center, we'll just have to see. Nino has a good shot and is not afraid to use it, so he's the finisher.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The team looked like a disaster last year when we started mixing grinders and skill guys. I'd rather they keep the top line intact and give the third line more minutes and then put the skilled kids together on the second line and give them sheltered matchups as much as possible.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Did it say why Parise left early?

I don't really get why Heatley's still in the 2nd line, but meh.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm picturing a montage filled with Jason Zucker images to Queen's "Flash Gordon"

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
He's sick, but still expected to fly to Nashville.

Yup. Russo said Parise was not feeling well and went home to rest. He's still flying to Nashville but the Wild could potentially still call somebody up from Iowa in case Parise can't play.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
He's sick, but still expected to fly to Nashville.

Not sure if it's just me, but that guy seems to get sick more than anyone on the roster. Training staff needs to invest in some Vitamin C supplements and make everyone watch a video about washing their hands.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
i'm picturing a montage filled with Jason Zucker images to Queen's "Flash Gordon"
LOL.

As for Heatley, I really wonder how long Yeo sticks with him. He seems like the same player from last year, and that player kills all 5v5 pressure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->