Recalled/Assigned: Veilleux/Kuemper up; Zucker/McMillan down

P10p

May 15, 2012
Comming from someone who watched every houston game last season as well as Minnesota. Zucker looked very dynamic during his time with Houston. He made plays happen, scored clutch goals, big hits, gritty play. I feel its just a matter of time until it all translates. He skates too good, shoots too hard, and plays too intense for his game not to translate. He just needs time. I feel a nagging groin has something to do with his performance thus far. Hopefully time solves it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Couldn't see the game. Zucker was bad?

Useless and invisible. No cohesion at all on any line he was placed on. Seemed to be playing in his own little world instead of with teammates. Started the game on the second line, but by the third period was shifted on the 3rd and 4th lines to see if he could work with anyone...same story either way.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
IMHO Veilleux is a scrub - he doesn't deserve to be taking a roster spot from one of the youngsters who need experience. I've always thought this going back to the Lemaire days.

Also, he isn't very tough or gritty either.... just a warm body who can PK fairly decently

Veilleux is the right call to pay the 4th line so Mitchell can play the 3rd line and bump Niederreiter back to the 2nd or first line where his skill is best utilized.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Agreed. Cooke-Brodz-Mitchell is a great 3rd line. I really like Fontaine but I'd rather have Mitchell's experience there.

And as we saw, that 3rd line did it again. Reminds me of a couple years ago when our "grinder" line was the most consistent threat on the ice.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think he has looked better than Rupp did last season.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
The only issue I had with him was that he's slow as ****. Otherwise he was fine, IMO.

tomthestone*

Rupper wasn't a big help last year, but I think it looked pretty obvious he was playing through serious knee trouble. And we could be in for more of the same this winter, but I like having a huge bruiser on the roster. Every tough guy in the NHL knows Rupp wrecked BizNasty and bloodied him up last season, and that makes a grinder think twice about taking a run at Granlund or Parise.

Once Rupper returns I think his presence in the lineup may be necessary against some of the big, physical conference opponents, while he could become an automatic scratch against teams in the East.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad