GDT: Vegas @ Washington | 1/24/22 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I was watching clips of 80s games of the Caps. I watched quite a few as a kid, but man do I miss watching Langway and Stevens on defense. Those were such hard working teams. Lol, I feel like I'm watching different hockey now.
That team didn’t have a lot of choice compared to teams like the Isles. Didn’t serve us well in the playoffs, although goaltending didn’t either.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
For anyone claiming the Caps need more talent to be effective on the PP - look at Vegas' 1-3-1 featuring guys like Stephenson and Dadonov. Not exactly star studded, but been 50% lately and showed outstanding puck movement and a couple high quality chances on that PP

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
For anyone claiming the Caps need more talent to be effective on the PP - look at Vegas' 1-3-1 featuring guys like Stephenson and Dadonov. Not exactly star studded, but been 50% lately and showed outstanding puck movement and a couple high quality chances on that PP
Yeah phenomenal puck movement

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
That team didn’t have a lot of choice compared to teams like the Isles. Didn’t serve us well in the playoffs, although goaltending didn’t either.
We were so close to breaking through a couple of those years. It was really heartbreaking for this (then) young fan. Just couldn’t buy a goal when we needed it

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Kempny (penalty aside) slowly improving. Skating better (still looks a little labored compared to the Kempny we grew to love in ‘18).

Reactions: Neil Racki

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden

Are people really claiming that? I mean, player by player it´s probably the most talented powerplay in the league. Carlson, Kuzy, Bäckström, Ovi and whoever is healthy. That´s four all-star levels players with one being the current active assist leader career wise, one being the highest scoring defenseman over the last 5 years and one being the best goalscorer of all time.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Not too much to complain about this period.

Did my eyes deceive me or was Protas held there at the end?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
lol yeah we have the best pp scorer in history the problem must be talent- nobody
Are people really claiming that? I mean, player by player it´s probably the most talented powerplay in the league. Carlson, Kuzy, Bäckström, Ovi and whoever is healthy. That´s four all-star levels players with one being the current active assist leader career wise, one being the highest scoring defenseman over the last 5 years and one being the best goalscorer of all time.
There have been three or four posters (led by txpd of course) who've made statements that we shouldn't judge the Capitals powerplay until all of the stars are healthy. They've claimed that the injuries to Backstrom and Oshie (and recently Carlson) are a valid excuse for the low PP%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad