GDT: Vegas @ Washington | 1/24/22 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think Lavi has finally admitted to himself that he needs to try something to get the team playing better. Or at least thats how I took some of what he said during his last post game presser as.

Its the same basic thing isn't it? The bottom 6 is HDH and Eller with 2 rookies. Backstrom and Kuzy swapped but I dont know how popular that is? Protas and McMichael swapped. McMichael had that spot with Backstrom a couple of games ago.

To me its the same stuff they have been doing that everyone hates except Backstrom is with Ovechkin which most people here already hate.

On a different note, I have broken out my blue defense group practice jersey tonight. Go blue....errr....red

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think it’s great that CMM is penciled in with Kuznetsov and Wilson and I’d love for him to get the looks and ice time he should if he’s on the second line but my expectations are low. Think he’ll get bumped off that line by the second period and we’ll see some line shifting with Protas taking his spot and Eller, Leason, and McMichael together at some point and bringing up the rear in terms of TOI.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Its the same basic thing isn't it? The bottom 6 is HDH and Eller with 2 rookies. Backstrom and Kuzy swapped but I dont know how popular that is? Protas and McMichael swapped. McMichael had that spot with Backstrom a couple of games ago.

It's not the same at all. In fact you have identified the differences here yourself. I'm not saying its earth shattering but it's not insignificant either.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't trust you because you don't have the necessary experience is the reinforcing feedback loop of all reinforcing feedback loops.

If only that were accurate…but it has nothing to do with Lavi requiring experience. It has to do with requiring competent 2 way and away from the puck play….which sadly often ONLY comes with experience for some guys.

Reactions: zappa4ever

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
We doomed. Caps after 1st period

do-it-kill-me-now.gif

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If only that were accurate…but it has nothing to do with Lavi requiring experience. It has to do with requiring competent 2 way and away from the puck play….which sadly often ONLY comes with experience for some guys.
SKATE SHAVINGS - News and Notes From Caps' Morning Skate (nhl.com)
"As games wear on and it's 2-0 [against you], I think you're trying to get - for me anyway - you're trying to get some of those veteran players out there that have a history of production and producing, still keeping [Nic Dowd's] line intact and trying to put them up against top lines. And so it just shortens [the bench] and sometimes, too, it gets the players more involved. Instead of every fourth shift where you're waiting and you're waiting for your next one, it gets the roll quicker and it gets them back out there. It's plenty of time to recover, and then it's plenty of time to go back out there with good energy.
"If somebody didn't play a lot in the third, it's not about what they didn't do, it's about and getting those players that have a history of production on the ice, and trying to win a hockey game."
Maybe there was other context not included but that's not really how it comes across.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sheary needs to learn what Ovie's going to do when entering the zone

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Eller with some nice skating there. Don’t know why we don’t see that more often.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I was watching clips of 80s games of the Caps. I watched quite a few as a kid, but man do I miss watching Langway and Stevens on defense. Those were such hard working teams. Lol, I feel like I'm watching different hockey now.

Reactions: troyerlaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad