GDT: Vegas @ San Jose Game 2: Quality GDT edition (7:30pm PT | NBCSCA, NBCSN, Rogers Sportsnet One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I've seen at least four from Dell in this game. Agreed Jones didn't make any. Two of Jones' goals were bad goals being off his angle but the first goal on the first shift was bad defense. The 4th goal on the PK on a **** call was bad defensive commitment by Hertl. Karlsson's goal is bad coaching from my perspective. Jones earned his yank in this one but they are playing way too loose and need to clamp it down and collapse harder. Something Vegas does that the Sharks don't. Bottom line, they're not committed to defense AND have goaltending issues.

Yup.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I disagree, the sharks game in game 1 was near perfect, and I do not expect this team to play like that consistently, there will be defensive lapses, there will be breakaways in games, I just expect our goalies to bail the team out when it happens.

It wasn't perfect. It was great and it was what puck management and defensive commitment does for this team because they don't need to cheat offensively to score goals against anyone. There will be defensive lapses but the issue is that every other team's defensive lapses have skaters there to cover for them and the Sharks don't. Again, has Vegas given up a breakaway from the blue line like the Sharks have? No. Has Vegas given up the numerous 2-on-1's or 3-on-2's that the Sharks have? The answer is no. You cannot pretend that defense is not a heavy contributing factor to this game tonight.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
If Jones had done an adequate to subpar job, we would have won this game. If the PP was adequate, we would have won this game. Neither of those happened. I still think we can take the series, but it's gonna take some folks earning their paychecks

Reactions: Phu

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I love Baseketball, but it's sad that I'm relegating myself to quoting it to maintain my sanity.

Not gonna stop, though.

If no clear winner emerges in this series the league will hold 2 man sack races on consecutive Sundays until a victor can be crowned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad