GDT: Vegas @ San Jose Game 2: Quality GDT edition (7:30pm PT | NBCSCA, NBCSN, Rogers Sportsnet One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
''Aaron Dell is one of the smallest goalies in the league. He's listed at 6 feet, which means he's probably not quite that''. - Mike Johnson on the national broadcast.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
They don't give up these types of chances to this degree not in the playoffs. How many has Vegas given up in this game? It's nowhere near that amount.

Dell has made maybe 2 good quality saves. Jones didn't make any. That means Vegas has scored 5 goals on maybe 7 high quality scoring chances. As far as hitting the net that is. Any goaltender can make the easy saves(except our's ofcourse).

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Actually, I can expect them to do what they did in that game because it is entirely sustainable and they didn't have every opportunity turn into goals. They still had a half dozen quality opportunities and most of them were stopped.

I disagree, the sharks game in game 1 was near perfect, and I do not expect this team to play like that consistently, there will be defensive lapses, there will be breakaways in games, I just expect our goalies to bail the team out when it happens.

Reactions: Bleedred

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
I disagree, the sharks game in game 1 was near perfect, and I do not expect this team to play like that consistently, there will be defensive lapses, there will be breakaways in games, I just expect our goalies to bail the team out when it happens.

The first goal allowed by the Sharks was a complete mental breakdown. It was ugly.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dell has made maybe 2 good quality saves. Jones didn't make any. That means Vegas has scored 5 goals on maybe 7 high quality scoring chances. As far as hitting the net that is. Any goaltender can make the easy saves(except our's ofcourse).

I've seen at least four from Dell in this game. Agreed Jones didn't make any. Two of Jones' goals were bad goals being off his angle but the first goal on the first shift was bad defense. The 4th goal on the PK on a shit call was bad defensive commitment by Hertl. Karlsson's goal is bad coaching from my perspective. Jones earned his yank in this one but they are playing way too loose and need to clamp it down and collapse harder. Something Vegas does that the Sharks don't. Bottom line, they're not committed to defense AND have goaltending issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad