GDT: Vegas @ San Jose Game 2: Quality GDT edition (7:30pm PT | NBCSCA, NBCSN, Rogers Sportsnet One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
:laugh:

My go-to baseline chocolate bar is usually a plain milk chocolate Lindt bar. For other candy bars it's usually either eat-more (chewy chocolatey dark toffee jammed with chopped peanuts. No chocolate coating) or Wunderbar (It's everything good about butterfinger, but loaded with caramel. Plus the peanut stuff doesn't stick to your teeth like it does with butterfinger/crispy crunch). With occasional dalliances with Crunchie (a hard/crispy sponge toffee coated in chocolate). Also occasionally like Skor bars if I can freeze them first.

my ceral picks now are usually boring. Still have a soft spot for Captain Crunch. For a couple years there was Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Crisp, but that's vanished and Honey Bunches of Oates just isn't the same thing. Brown Sugar frosted mini-wheats are good too. The one thing I got used to during a week in San Jose when I didn't want to eat out every morning was Raisin Bran that had granola clusters in it. We don't have that here and it bothers me. :laugh: Also like Chocolate Chex.

But most of the time if I have the patience to actually make it I'll go with a bowl of oatmeal (steel-cut) toasted in the pot before adding mostly milk (instead of water) and then finishing it with a bit of maple syrup and brown sugar (ok, demerera sugar technically...). Soooo good. Makes me laugh at how I used to eat the Quaker instant packets.

I used to get the Wunderbar and Crunchie at World Market. Very good stuff! Skors are everything Heath bars try to be, lol.

Nowadays, I use the leftover almond pulp, from when I make almond milk, to make a base for granola. Just toast/dry it, then mix in oats, sliced almonds, chia seeds, flaxseed, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, salt - toast again. Then add goji berries, cranberries, lingonberries, shaved coconut and cacao nibs when it's cool. Super cheap and delicious!

Haha, so much OT caused by a great GDT!

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It's all the stabilizers and mood-enhancers, maaaan.

(I honestly think it's our adult tongues betraying our youth)
Or could it be more hfcs and less sugar in use in general?

Dude. You milk almonds. I bet you rip anyone that posts that one meme.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I laughed at “Remember when he was good?” and then I shed a single tear.

Brilliant work, Nem. The Sharks better do you justice!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Now the hockey gods will be mad at us because we broke are normal gdt customs to conform to silly non existent rules the main boards want to make up.

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Awesome GDT.

Eat more metal.

Don't panic panic panic panic panic panic panic etc.

PhiXO8F.jpg

Last edited:

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
Great GDT! So much content.

More of the same preferred with this game, a little less of the last bit and the facial injuries unless they’re temporary and result in goals.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
The best candy bars were those chocolate almond ones with white wrappers that people sold for fundraisers

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Depends on the bar. I was always a fan of the Hershey Symphony bar, especially with toffee and almonds. It could almost stand up to Cadbury. I wouldn't doubt Canada has better chocolate because you guys don't have to worry about the heat as much.

Whatchamacallit is god-like, but only as a whole. The chocolate is not as much of a factor as the Peanut butter flavor mixed with the caramel chew and rice crunch.

My jam used to be 100 Grands. So good.

I was a boring kid for cereals. My favs were Grape Nuts, Raisin Bran, or Shredded Wheat with a spoonful of Boysenberry jam instead of sugar. I was very regular. Very.

I was never big on chocolate. I liked and still like the sour, fruity stuff. There was a candy back in the 80’s (why do I always come back to this era?) that I was rabid for. Sonia stopped making it a few years later. Sigh.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
:laugh: I was planning on getting one after I broke into peoples' houses to wreck up the place.

(for serious though, it's been a while since I've had a Charleston Chew. It's one of the handful of US candy bars not sold in Canada. Along with Pay Day, I think Baby Ruth, Mr Goodbar, and Whatchamacallit (plus more I can't remember). But in exchange we get several candies and bars that you guys don't that I prefer. also apparently our chocolate quality in standard candy bars is better.

Trying to look it up made me discover that Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles are no longer sold in Canada. Which is insane because I remember eating those all the time as a kid, but now that I think about it, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a box of them in a store. On the other hand, we never had Cocoa Puffs growing up, but I see those all the time now. Also they're terrible.

Canada also kicks Americas ass in chip flavours :laugh: (yes I spelled it the Canadian way)

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
It usually happens after the team shows up for game 1. But we then get knocked back down to earth in game 2 and go back to being the usual debbie downers that we are known for.

The circle of life as a sharks fan in the playoffs. Lol. Thankfully it’s a Friday and we can use alcohol to cope in case we lose :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad