Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
He's been building steam. He looked pretty lost pre-season, but looks like he has been getting his game back together. He has done a lot of good stuff on the ice that hasn't translated to the stat sheet.
Awesome, thanks. Good to hear as "the little things" are a big part of his game. I always thought his attention to these "little things" are what made him pro-ready.

Very smart player, so the stats will come.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Early 21-22 prospects ranking:

7-way tie for 1st: Dugan, Morozov, Brisson, Miromanov, Thompson, Korczak and Cormier are all neck and neck IMO and Dorofeyev isn't too far off from being in that pack. I think Dorofeyev tops out as a 3rd liner, though (albeit a good one).

You may say it's a cop out and it definitely is. Every one of these guys save Miromanov, Thompson and Dorofeyev are all a bit raw.

Elvenes getting hurt in the first 2 games of the season all but killed his chances of seeing a call up. Quinney had a bad camp and can't stay healthy. I haven't given up on Cotter yet, and Jones will probably wind up as a 4C in the NHL somewhere if not in Vegas. Leschyshyn and Rondbjerg will both stick around as possible 13/14th forwards the next 2 seasons. Leschyshyn is starting to remind me of Bellemare.

Notables from the rest:
Forwards: Dean showed some nice hands in the prospects tournament and it's easy to see why he went in the 1st round. Hallum is way too good and too fast for the USHL - can't wait to see what he does in Michigan next year. If there's one big unknown prospect to watch it's him. Demek has made an immediate impact centering one of the Oil Kings top lines.

The D prospects: Pachal has bounced back after a rough year, Diliberatore continues to look solid, and Chayka is looking good so far in Guelph. He just turned 19 so he'll be able to jump right in to Henderson next year.

Goalies: Ferguson still looks good, and has taken the Henderson backup job for now. Saville is off to a good start, winning NCHC goalie of the week twice already. Vikman already has 2 shutouts for Vancouver, and at 6'3 his long legs help cover a lot of net. Lindbom has been playing well for Djurgårdens the past 2 weeks.

Edit: and I just want to add - it must be pretty nerve-racking to be one of their top prospects, when every year there's persistent rumors and a very realistic possibility of being traded before getting your shot. I hope this Eichel drama ends soon, no matter which team he gets traded to.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
NCAA got announced in Vegas next year for a game.

I think they might bring NCAA hockey to Vegas in the very near coming future.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It seemed like they wanted to have NCAA games at the fortress every year, before the pandemic. So that looks to be back on track. Dugan had a good showing in Tmobile Arena with Providence a few years back.

There's no time like the present for Elvenes to get hot and earn a call up. 3 games in 4 knights starting tonight.

Dorofeyev is the best of the bunch so far, but I hope they leave him in Henderson for the rest of the year to keep doing his thing.

Dugan seems to have a nagging lower body injury.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Prospect report

Is it really that hard for them to hype up Miromanov a bit? The 24yo free agent will probably wind up a better player than most of those prospects.

Not a peep about him until the end of camp, and he just keeps looking good at both ends of the ice.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Cotter continues his torrid scoring pace with a goal in Henderson tonight. :sarcasm:

Elvenes has 2g 3a his last 4 games. If they don't call him up now...:dunno:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Cotter's confidence is sky high right now. Dorofeyev continues to put up points, Elvenes has a 5 game point streak and Marushev is starting to heat up.

Dugan is still injured, and Ferguson had to leave the game after a collision.

Cormier still being Cormier

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Hopefully, Coe will be eventually traded to a team that could actually win the Stanley Cup ;)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Leschyshyn, Rondbjerg, Cotter and Jones are playing with a ton of confidence after getting their cups of coffee in the NHL. They're going to need these kids on league minimum deals next year. Marushev is still hot with 7p in his last 8 games.

Dugan still isn't back yet, which is concerning.

Zach Dean started his year off red hot with 4g 9p in 6 games, and Marcus Kallionkielli has 11p in 10 games for Brandon. Shame he didn't start in the AHL this season.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Wouldn't consider Dean's start anything special. A 1.5 ppg is what I expect from him at the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00