Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Do the Silver Knights skaters suck?

Every game I've watched, and I haven't watched a ton, we are outshot by big margins and a cursory glance at stats shows Thompson once again arguably the best goalie in the AHL and Patera rocking a .931 in his seven starts with Thompson out and tonight's game stopping 14 of 14 through one period as HSK has one or two shots, and they are middle of the division despite the apparently exemplary goaltending.

Also, it seems Thompson may have been facing the most amount of shots per game in his starts and it doesn't look like Patera has it any easier.

Baertschi is awful, Quine is taking a while to get up to speed & Dugan, Korczak & Quinney being in & out of the lineup all year with health issues is concerning.

When Rondbjerg & Leschyshyn don't play out of their minds, on a back to back, you can see the lack of talent down the middle. Hopefully this can be addressed next year with Morozov & maybe Brisson. Elvenes' numbers the past few years aren't really that surprising considering the meat & potatoes guys he had to work with.

Miromanov can play much better in his own end than he's shown.

But Viveiros just got the all clear to come back & coach full time so maybe he'll get them to be more cohesive.

Sounds like it was a shooting gallery last night :laugh:
0618.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ck26

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Coyotes fan in Centennial Hills going to try to make my HSK debut this week. Still at Orleans, right? Is the food in the arena any good?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Coyotes fan in Centennial Hills going to try to make my HSK debut this week. Still at Orleans, right? Is the food in the arena any good?

I spotted a Chick-fil-A this weekend. The street tacos (green sauce; red sauce is very hot) are pretty good.

The chicken fingers/fries are OK.

(You could also come early and hit one of the restaurants @ the Orleans. But no food/drink allowed into arena.)

Reactions: ck26

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lindbom's been loaned to Västerviks IK in Allsvenskan for the past 3 games.

Tonight he saved 27/29 for the 3-2 W against the league's far and away best team HV 71(they were at a +62 GD before tonight, nearly double of the current 2nd place MoDo).

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
reviewjournal.com/sports/goldenknights/nhl-supports-russian-players-during-invasion-of-ukraine-2544333/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push_notification

Concerns over possible prospect signings out of Russia

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lindbom ends his regular season in Västervik going 5-2 with a .913 sv%(which is top 12 in the league), their starter+other goalies all ended at a sub-.900 sv% and a combined 17-27. Should start for them in the playoffs tomorrow unless the coach is stupid.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Game against San Diego tonight. Will probably watch if I can stay up for it.

Since looking to move to the area, Henderson looks like sweet spot to live.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Two great chances there for the Knights to get on the board, yet to no avail.

I guess the positive is that the trend is broken of San Diego scoring within 5 minutes of the puck drop.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Well, it's been one sided (again), and San Diego scores (also again in this series).

1-0 Gulls

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
And that makes it 2-0.

The few chances Henderson have had have been horribly missed, and now the deficit is increased.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
That's it for the second period.

3-0 Gulls.

Knights have 9 shots on goal...

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Västervik win their second playoffs game 4-2 to win the series 2-0(Allsvenskan's play-in for wildcard teams is bo3), Lindbom saved 28/30 shots.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lindbom, & Västervik were chosen by HV71(the best team in the league by a good margin) for the next round in the playoffs. It's a tall order, lets see how he manages.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Saville gets his 1st start. 18-20 saves, 2 goals allowed in 58 minutes and change.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00