Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
So who do we have that is actually in our system who may play for the team. Glass, Jones, Coghlan, Elvenes, Dugan, Ferguson, Kooy what are the ceilings of our prospects we have.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So who do we have that is actually in our system who may play for the team. Glass, Jones, Coghlan, Elvenes, Dugan, Ferguson, Kooy what are the ceilings of our prospects we have.

Outside of maybe 3 drafted prospects, many of the kids in the prospect pool are trending upwards after being drafted/signed. I still see Elvenes trending towards being a bust though. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Don't sleep on Leschyshyn, Kruse, Bouchard and Whitecloud. Especially Whitecloud.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Outside of maybe 3 drafted prospects, many of the kids in the prospect pool are trending upwards after being drafted/signed. I still see Elvenes trending towards being a bust though. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Don't sleep on Leschyshyn, Kruse, Bouchard and Whitecloud. Especially Whitecloud.
Elvenes has the third highest U20 ppg in the SHL(9th if counting up to U23 with >20 gp). Only Bemström(league leader in goals), & Fagemo(undrafted 2018... Could have been an absolute steal in the 7th round) have better ppg's. I'd say he's still trending very well, considering the team he's playing for. And besides, how can a 5th rounder be a bust? I'll give an update on Röndbjerg, & Elvenes later today after their games are finished. You'll be happy to know they've been playing pretty well lately.

Reactions: derriko

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Elvenes has the third highest U20 ppg in the SHL(9th if counting up to U23 with >20 gp). Only Bemström(league leader in goals), & Fagemo(undrafted 2018... Could have been an absolute steal in the 7th round) have better ppg's. I'd say he's still trending very well, considering the team he's playing for. And besides, how can a 5th rounder be a bust? I'll give an update on Röndbjerg, & Elvenes later today after their games are finished. You'll be happy to know they've been playing pretty well lately.

He can be considered a bust given the WJC hype and what people like Pronman were saying after his D+1 year.

I wasn't overwhelmed with his performance in the rookie tournament or preseason.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He can be considered a bust given the WJC hype and what people like Pronman were saying after his D+1 year.

I wasn't overwhelmed with his performance in the rookie tournament or preseason.
You probably set your expectations way too high, then. Also never listen to Pronman, guy had Mittelstadt, Borgström, et al. above Pettersson heading into the season(and had Brännström like 7th I want to say in VGK's rankings). But Elvenes is still only 19, so he got a lot of development left.

Anyways, some SHL checkup:

Röndbjerg is 1-1 in last 5 gp.
Elvenes is 1-5 in last 5 gp.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You probably set your expectations way too high, then. Also never listen to Pronman, guy had Mittelstadt, Borgström, et al. above Pettersson heading into the season(and had Brännström like 7th I want to say in VGK's rankings). But Elvenes is still only 19, so he got a lot of development left.

If Elvenes takes a bit longer to develop it may help him because there may be more forward positions up for grabs than with current forward group on the team.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Rondbjerg would have to have a pretty good playoffs to justify getting signed. It's too bad he was injured at the WJC.

I'd rather they use the contract spot on a 22-23yo kid from the NCAA or Europe

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Vladimir Tkachyov and AK Bars were eliminated from the KHL playoffs the other day. He was in talks with McPhee over the summer.

On to Gusev:

2G2A through 5 playoff games.
SKA leads 3-2 in the first round. Interestingly enough VGK 2nd rounder Ivan Morozov was also in the lineup today for the KHL club.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Jordan Nolan has been suspended 2 games for a hit on Daniel Carr on Tuesday. Carr left the game and it's unknown when he'll be back.

Carr has a concussion history, too.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Dugan is barred from being signed when in college right? How long until you think he signs an ELC.

Yes he must leave the NCAA to sign a contract.

There's a chance he could want to turn pro as early as at the end of next season. Having 2 Tuchs wouldn't be half bad. :naughty:

Dugan is scheduled to graduate in 2022.

My experience is that it's a combination of player desire/advice and organizational request/need to have a guy leave before graduation. Usually, if a guy no longer can get anything out of playing at the NCAA level, an organization may request he leave college early. (I recall one situation with the Sharks that became public they wanted the guy to leave early, but he stuck it out to get his degree before going pro.)

VGK hasn't signed anyone they've drafted out of college (yet).

I haven't tracked GMGM's career enough to know how often he's signed a guy before graduation.

As of today, VGK has $81m committed with $83m estimated cap (including Clarkson's $5m on LTIR) and still need to (re-)sign or promote a goalie, one defenseman, and 3-4 forwards. ELS guys are the cheapest options when trying to fill a roster.

Reactions: derriko

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I would let Bellemare go as a UFA and start the season with Glass at 3C next year.

The problem with that is he's like the top faceoff guy in the organization. (And takes huge % of faceoffs in game)
Just because he's a UFA does not mean it wouldn't be worth it to re-sign. Need to look at more than age and salary.
(That said, I haven't yet personally decided if it's better to keep him or let him walk.)

prospectsnapshot.jpeg

Saw this and captured the deets for the VGK prospects (who have played with AHL Chicago this year).

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Yes he must leave the NCAA to sign a contract.

There's a chance he could want to turn pro as early as at the end of next season. Having 2 Tuchs wouldn't be half bad. :naughty:

What about Schuldt? Are we still thinking about signing him? He fits the age range we need and was at our development camp and is one of the highest rated college FA's. I think they can sign now.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What about Schuldt? Are we still thinking about signing him? He fits the age range we need and was at our development camp and is one of the highest rated college FA's. I think they can sign now.

I think everyone is thinking of signing him. Aren't the Huskies in the playoffs this week?
He was at VGK, Habs and Blackhawks development camps.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think everyone is thinking of signing him. Aren't the Huskies in the playoffs this week?

Would he choose us? I think he could definitely feel like he has a shot at making the team, defense is not the strength of the team.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Montreal Canadiens: Another year of waiting for Jimmy Schuldt

Article from last May. Sounds like the Canadiens thought he'd sign with them before returning to college.

Jimmy Schuldt - Men's Ice Hockey - St. Cloud State University Athletics
College bio

Could be playing until April 13.

Hague seems to be the next D guy Vegas has penciled in the roster for next season. Montreal may have a NHL roster spot on a rebuilding team.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Would he choose us? I think he could definitely feel like he has a shot at making the team, defense is not the strength of the team.
Montreal Canadiens: Another year of waiting for Jimmy Schuldt

Article from last May. Sounds like the Canadiens thought he'd sign with them before returning to college.

Jimmy Schuldt - Men's Ice Hockey - St. Cloud State University Athletics
College bio

Could be playing until April 13.

Hague seems to be the next D guy Vegas has penciled in the roster for next season. Montreal may have a NHL roster spot on a rebuilding team.

I don't think either the Habs or Vegas could promise him a roster spot. Both could use him on LD next season though.
I've heard he's friends with Habs prospect and teammate Poehling. Who knows, maybe last summer is fresh in his mind and VGK facilities wowed him.

Yeah I've said all along Hague has a roster spot next season if he improves his skating again, even if Brannstrom were still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad