Friedman: Vegas as Karlsson's biggest suitor?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
"Is bobby ryan a part of the deal or not, will they demand him to be in the deal"
"I think a lot of this revolves around vegas, mentioned them being in on John Carlson"
"Probably the team looking most at him"
"Is there anyone else who's a serious contender?"
"Rangers aren't in, Vegas is in the best position to make a deal."
"Question now becomes, are they willing to include Shea Theodore, if they include him, may get traction towards a deal here"

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
I’d do EK and Ryan for Theodore, Tatar, and a conditional 2nd (they go back to WCF or Cup final it’s a 1st).

Vegas probably has to add and I bet Ottawa gets some better offers from other teams.

I mean EK is a hoss and should bring back almost anything from a contender but Ottawa has no real leverage.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- It would be so Vegas to take Bobby Ryan on in a Karlsson deal as a cap dump, only for Ryan to have a resurgance and score 30 goals again :laugh:

- Rick Nash to Columbus makes sense. I always like when things go full circle like that.

- Frieds not being sure of any other contenders for Karlsson makes me wonder if a team outta no where makes the move.

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
I’d do EK and Ryan for Theodore, Tatar, and a conditional 2nd (they go back to WCF or Cup final it’s a 1st).

Vegas probably has to add and I bet Ottawa gets some better offers from other teams.

I mean EK is a hoss and should bring back almost anything from a contender but Ottawa has no real leverage.

The inclusion of Ryan obviously keeps the return down a little, but I agree with you that Vegas would have to add to that to make it work and I'm not sure how interested OTT would be in Tatar. I would imagine Theodore, (one of) Suzuki, Brannstrom-Hague and a first with a conditional pick based on re-signing, not playoff success. Possibly a third that turns into a first if Karlsson signs an extension.

The part I disagree on is that Ottawa has better offers. While I realize that they could have better offers if the deal were for Karlsson alone, I think the fact that so few teams would be able (and willing) to take on that Ryan contract really limits the amount of suitors that could realistically make this work. If this is really about getting the best return, I think the Sens need to stop trying to force Bobby Ryan into the deal.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Vegas just comes into the league and they try and take all the best players we have like I'm happy they had a great season and really shocked me but c'mon now they want Tavares,Karlsson like who else do you want...to me Vegas is just a show and all talk they got cocky and the capitals whooped their asses so no no no

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Vegas just comes into the league and they try and take all the best players we have like I'm happy they had a great season and really shocked me but c'mon now they want Tavares,Karlsson like who else do you want...to me Vegas is just a show and all talk they got cocky and the capitals whooped their a***** so no no no

no.gif

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Vegas just comes into the league and they try and take all the best players we have like I'm happy they had a great season and really shocked me but c'mon now they want Tavares,Karlsson like who else do you want...to me Vegas is just a show and all talk they got cocky and the capitals whooped their asses so no no no

Really??? So the only acceptable thing for Vegas to do in your eyes is what? Apologize for being good last year and to hang their head in shame and put a self imposed moratorium on chasing any players that might be good and refuse to sign any of them?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
To Vegas: Karlsson (D) (Signed)
To Ottawa: Glass (F), Theodore(D), Tuch(F)

Make it happen.
I wouldnt trade Theodore if im Vegas. Dont see them trading both Theodore and Glass. Makes no sense to give up two very good players on their roster for Karlsson in Tuch and Theodore. Honestly i think Theodore will be a top pairing defensemen, he is damn good.

Brannstrom+
Brannstrom is a huge talent but could be worth it for Karlsson imo

Vegas has Theodore and Schmidt. They need Glass and Suzuki going forward more than Brannstrom imo if they trade for Karlsson

Reactions: Ghetty Green

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Uh, no. If that's the best they could do, they keep him until the deadline. Glass + Theodore +

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I wouldnt trade Theodore if im Vegas. Dont see them trading both Theodore and Glass. Makes no sense to give up two very good players on their roster for Karlsson in Tuch and Theodore. Honestly i think Theodore will be a top pairing defensemen, he is damn good.

Glass/Brannstrom+picks/prospects

Vegas has Theodore and Schmidt. They need Glass and Suzuki going forward more than Brannstrom imo if they trade for Karlsson
Sens will want a roster player at the least, as Sens fans will eat Dorion alive if it just some prospects. If not Glass, I would say Suzuki+Brannstorm+Tuch.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Sens will want a roster player at the least, as Sens fans will eat Dorion alive if it just some prospects. If not Glass, I would say Suzuki+Brannstorm+Tuch.
I wouldnt touch that if im Vegas and Erik Karlsson is my favorite player. Just not worth it, Brannstrom is incredible. 15 points in 44 games in SHL as a 18 year old last season. He has true #1D potential.

If Sens add Ryan that should lower the value by alot, he has alot of negative value with that contract...

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Does Ottawa even want to get rid of Bobby Ryan at this point. Once they presumably get rid of Karlsson and Duchene, they'll need Ryan's salary to get to the floor. I know Melnyk is a cheapskate, but even he knows you have to spend some amount of money.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
- It would be so Vegas to take Bobby Ryan on in a Karlsson deal as a cap dump, only for Ryan to have a resurgance and score 30 goals again :laugh:

- Rick Nash to Columbus makes sense. I always like when things go full circle like that.

- Frieds not being sure of any other contenders for Karlsson makes me wonder if a team outta no where makes the move.
Much as I'd love to see that as someone who loved watching Ryan grow from prospect to player, and having it benefit Vegas I think a lot has to go right with Ryan in the off-season for him to get the speed to fit into Gallant's system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad