Confirmed with Link: Vatanen to CAR for Janne Kuokkanen, Frederik Claesson and conditional 4th rounder

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
It's just things evening out and Vats spends a lot of time on IR anyway

When we needed Johansson to get hot, he did finally did so just before the deadline and we recovered a 2nd

Vats could have been a 1st if he was going strong the past few weeks, but he's been out for at least 3 weeks

We were overpaid on Coleman and Greene so we did alright for this TDL even if today was less promising

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Did some of y'all Looney Tunes come to terms with Vatanens injury really limiting the return or are we still upset about that?
Don’t bother, they can’t be reasoned with. Just enjoy the show.
2322B7DD-5BF6-41CC-8E03-D72190E6E111.gif

Reactions: My3Sons and Billdo

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Interesting..

Does McLeod have to go through waivers if we wanted to send him down later? I see that Anderson and mermis going through now means we intend to send them to bing later
There's no waivers after the TDL.

Reactions: nugg

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
How many players are we retaining on? I thought it was only 2 but simmonds and vatanen are 50% and I thought hall was 50% too

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
ESPN ticker still has us receiving a 2nd round pick. How does anyone see them as a credible sports nerwork.

To be fair, even Bob McKenzie got the return wrong, and he's one of the best in the business. Still kind of dumb that they didn't update it though.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
To be fair, even Bob McKenzie got the return wrong, and he's one of the best in the business. Still kind of dumb that they didn't update it though.
He didn't get it wrong. His tweet was misread by most, including ESPN it seems.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
He’s already been recalled

Interesting that we kept Merk down and brought up Mikey instead.

I will say, at some point in the future, Merk + Joey + the right middle man is going to make on hell of a nuisance line in the bottom 6.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Interesting that we kept Merk down and brought up Mikey instead.

I will say, at some point in the future, Merk + Joey + the right middle man is going to make on hell of a nuisance line in the bottom 6.

It seems like they want to rotate some of the AHL guys without gutting Bing too much and ruin their playoff push.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
It seems like they want to rotate some of the AHL guys without gutting Bing too much and ruin their playoff push.

Makes sense. Us being successful starts with Bing being successful. I know it's unlikely this year because I think they are giving up a few games in hand (someone can correct me if I'm wrong), but I really want the BDevs to be a playoff team. I'd prefer this year, but just knowing that we are moving forward down there in a big way is huge.

Reactions: My3Sons

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
ESPN has it wrong 6 hours after the fact. There's wrong and then there's embarrassing.

I was actually flipping through ESPN channels the other day and came across some kind of national cornhole invitational, so they really will cover anything resembling a sport...except hockey. Sadly the best coverage they have might be Wysh, and he seems to get dumber with age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad