Prospect Info: Vasili Podkolzin, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't think Pods projects to be a physical player. Morrow was a very hard hitter and not afraid to fight.
Wow!....not seeing this....Podkolzin might have been the most physical forward at the recent WJHC.....he's just a beast along the wall, and dished out some devastating body-checks. Definitely plays a 'heavy game' in the offensive zone.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wow!....not seeing this....Podkolzin might have been the most physical forward at the recent WJHC.....he's just a beast along the wall, and dished out some devastating body-checks. Definitely plays a 'heavy game' in the offensive zone.
Between Podzolkin and Hoglander we should definitely get the old Western rivalries going again. Hoglander especially looks like he likes to get under the other teams skin and Pod can hit hard.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

Pods is physical, but not in the way Morrow was. But then again, you don’t really see the Morrow type players anymore.

Reactions: Nucker101 and F A N

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Brendan Morrow / Dustin Brown upside for Pod would be just awesome. Those are the types of players you win with.
Would be absolutely thrilled if he had the careers of either of these guys. That is a huge win with a 10th overall pick.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Would be absolutely thrilled if he had the careers of either of these guys. That is a huge win with a 10th overall pick.

Ya the prime version of those players were very good players.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
Vasili Podkolzin, Vancouver Canucks prospect is apparently considering to move to the US next season. In Russian but can be translated using Google Агент Подколзина: «Летом 2021-го будем учитывать пожелания СКА и «Ванкувера»

His agent in the article sounds like he's saying after next season, not next season. Which we already knew.
“Vasya’s everything is clear, there are no undercurrents. We have a contract with SKA for this and next season. And at the end of next season we’ll already be thinking. Let's see what form he will be in, what his wishes will be, the wishes of SKA and Vancouver will also be taken into account."

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Damn i hate clicking on something like this and find out I can't read the story. Why post this crap? Put a little effort in and post what the story is about.

I made the effort to post a quotation, post a link, and alert you to the story. If you'd made a polite request for more information, you'd have gotten it.

(Really? You didn't know that The Athletic is behind a paywall?)

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I made the effort to post a quotation, post a link, and alert you to the story. If you'd made a polite request for more information, you'd have gotten it.

(Really? You didn't know that The Athletic is behind a paywall?)
fair enough. didn't even notice it was the athletic. And sorry, I get frustrated about this more with facebook, tends to make me a little cranky. But yes a couple of lines of summary would be appreciated.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
fair enough. didn't even notice it was the athletic. And sorry, I get frustrated about this more with facebook, tends to make me a little cranky. But yes a couple of lines of summary would be appreciated.

The comments came in "Dhaliwal's Diary," which I believe is a weekly feature. The coach's comments were positive. He said the team is happy for Podkolzin's recent success (the two goals) and that he's been playing with more confidence since the World Junior Tournament. The coach also said he's working with Podkolzin on his defensive game in the neutral zone and defensive zone. (The "Diary" focussed on several topics; the section on Podkolzin was brief.)

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Does he have three points in this last three games? Is there a site I can look at his TOI for his KHL games? I'd like to explore some statistical comparables but no point in including games where he played for 2 minutes a game.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
What a play. This kid is built to play with a centreman that likes to shoot the puck. Luckily for us, we have 3 of those in the top 9, that should all be in Vancouver for a long time.

Podkolzin's skillset is tailor made for this young core. If he reaches his potential and slots in alongside Pettersson, that's a 1st line you want going head to head with the opposition's offensive stars.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I just have a good feeling about Podkolzin.....rated in the top-five in every draft ranking last year, but inexplicably slipped to 10th overall on draft day. Just like Pettersson and Hughes, who slid a little on draft day as teams ahead of the Canucks in the lottery, drafted based on 'need' rather than BPA.

Every time I see him on the highlights, what strikes is how he plays such a mature, physical game against much older players in the KHL. Basically an 18-year old who's already built like a block of granite. Will be a serious physical load along the wall when he hits his early 20's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad