Confirmed with Link: Vanek to the Wings, 1 year 3 million with a NTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Are we thinking they'll waive Frk and trade one of those guys before the season starts? I've been playing with the lineups and I can't see how both Rasmussen and Zadina fit in for October.

If everyone is healthy, it'll be hard to fit just one of them. Someone has to be dealt, we're burying a TON of money on the fourth line, or we're just burying the kids regardless of readiness for another year. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what we roll to start the year:

Nyquist-z-Bertuzzi
Mantha-Larkin-Abdelkader
AA-Nielsen-Vanek
Helm-Glendening-Frk/Witkowski/Turgeon/whoever

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If everyone is healthy, it'll be hard to fit just one of them. Someone has to be dealt, we're burying a TON of money on the fourth line, or we're just burying the kids regardless of readiness for another year. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what we roll to start the year:

Nyquist-z-Bertuzzi
Mantha-Larkin-Abdelkader
AA-Nielsen-Vanek
Helm-Glendening-Frk/Witkowski/Turgeon/whoever

Hoarders gonna hoard.

They have pretty much guaranteed Rasmussen will be on the team, so we will see.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
do we not need to be cap compliant first under LTIR rules in order to get franzens full relief?

Yes, you can't get relief until you go over the cap.

Lets pretend with easy math the cap was 80 mil, and with Franzen we hit 79 mil. We cannot get relief because we do not need it. If we then sign a player for 2 mil (putting us at 81 mil) which is 1 mil over the cap, then we can then ask for LTIR relief because we went over 80 mil. Even then, I think you would only claim 1 mil of the potential 4 mil in relief because thats all you need (I could be wrong about that part though).

Since we are so far away from the cap right now, we are not getting any relief at the moment.

Last edited:

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Any word on the terms of these contracts ?

My greatest fear are NMCs.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hoarders gonna hoard.

They have pretty much guaranteed Rasmussen will be on the team, so we will see.

gotta have a spot to play him. I side with Pavels Dog to the point where I think the Wings are looking to make a trade up front, but I also know from previous rumors/trades that Holland won't deal unless he thinks he has some good value to it.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I guess were playing a 5 forward line up next year! I have no idea why were are spending money on forwards when we have Larkin/Mantha/AA to resign still. Death, taxes and Holland overpaying mid thirties FA'S ....
It's a one year deal. It has no effect on our future of re-signing that trio of forwards.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Are we thinking they'll waive Frk and trade one of those guys before the season starts? I've been playing with the lineups and I can't see how both Rasmussen and Zadina fit in for October.

Given that we now know that Zadina can go to the AHL now I think that changes this some. Frk is sent down and is there as support for Zadina and Hronek while they queue up for injuries as the first callups at their positions. I am curious if they give Zadina nine games right out of the gate, again not as important with AHL assignment a legitimate option.

Vanek has been brought in for AA's last chance. He either boosts his trade value or he actually gets AA to start contributing in a way where we trust and keep him. For those that say they treat AA like a second class citizen. They just went out and got the guy that showed easily the most chemistry with him of any linemate he has had. Vanek can also help Bert and Rasmussen as net front guys along with teaching them how to show for pucks in the slot. He is wizard down low offensively. They talked him out of two years and down to one that is great. I see no problem with this signing. We will sort the roster stuff.

We added three quality vets on terms and figures that are fine.

Last edited:

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Given that we now know that Zadina can go to the AHL now I think that changes this some. Frk is sent down and is there as support for Zadina and Hronek while they queue up for injuries as the first callups at their positions.

Vanek has been brought in for AA's last chance. He either boosts his trade value or he actually gets AA to start contributing in a way where we trust and keep him. For those that say they treat AA like a second class citizen. They just went out and got the guy that showed easily the most chemistry with him of any linemate he has had. Vanek can also help Bert and Rasmussen as net front guys along with teaching them how to show for pucks in the slot. He is wizard down low offensively. They talked him out of two years and down to one that is great. I see no problem with this signing. We will sort the roster stuff.

We added three quality vets on terms and figures that are fine.
I agree with that. AA's best linemate and player he had most chemistry in his Red Wings tenure is with Vanek. I believe it was AA, Vanek and Nielsen, that would be a great 3rd line.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If there's no more signings I won't be too mad, but I don't see why we signed him.

FunkyColdZadina

Jun 26, 2018
Hoping for a trade to open up a spot for some prospects, but as long as one of Rassmussen or Zadina make it I'll be pretty happy. Plus the money and term won't affect up past this season and won't prevent is from signing the RFAs.

He worked well with AA too so hopefully they can regain that chemistry and inflate each other's trade value.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Did you see what he returned at the trade deadline last year? The Wings aren't missing out on much here by giving him a full NTC.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
It just allows him to make sure he goes to a real contender at the trade deadline and not a bubble team like Florida.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
It just allows him to make sure he goes to a real contender at the trade deadline and not a bubble team like Florida.

And what if that real contender doesn't want him? It lowers the number of teams we can potentially trade him to which is dumb... why handcuff ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad