Confirmed with Link: Vanek to the Wings, 1 year 3 million with a NTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I'm not holding out much hope of getting much of anything for him at the deadline.

Wonder if this signing means another move is coming though with all the talk about wanting to move the kids into the lineup.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I'm not holding out much hope of getting much of anything for him at the deadline.

Wonder if this signing means another move is coming though with all the talk about wanting to move the kids into the lineup.

probably means Nyquist and/or Athanasiou are on the trading block

Reactions: Marky9er

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Well hell. Idk I don't like it without a move being made with Nyquist/AA. Hopefully they can pluck a late round pick or a player/prospect with upside.

Anthony DuClair was a good buy low player with upside. He was a 20 goal scorer once.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
i actually like it. Vaneks talent is undeniable, he is an awesome playmaker that helps setting guys up for great scoring chances. maybe this means nyquist or AA get dealt.

He switches teams like other guys change their undies

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not much issue with a 1-year deal. Gives us more room to use AA/Svech/Nyquist as trade bait, and otherwise it's another skilled offensive player to join Zadina and Ras in what should be a more capable offense next season.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Between Bernier, Vanek, Green, and Säteri... that's an extremely active start to free agency. This can go one of two ways:

One or more trades are in the works, dealing some combination of Nyquist/AA/Howard, hopefully for a defenseman and/or a pick(s).

Or, it's Vet City this year.

Now let's suppose Kenny desperately wants the first option. He needs to deliver, because doing all this, then failing to actually pull off a decent trade, will have the same consequences as going Option 2.

And then things could get really ugly around here.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Not much issue with a 1-year deal. Gives us more room to use AA/Svech/Nyquist as trade bait, and otherwise it's another skilled offensive player to join Zadina and Ras in what should be a more capable offense next season.

Are we thinking they'll waive Frk and trade one of those guys before the season starts? I've been playing with the lineups and I can't see how both Rasmussen and Zadina fit in for October.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Between Bernier, Vanek, Green, and Säteri... that's an extremely active start to free agency. This can go one of two ways:

One or more trades are in the works, dealing some combination of Nyquist/AA/Howard, hopefully for a defenseman and/or a pick(s).

Or, it's Vet City this year.

Now let's suppose Kenny desperately wants the first option. He needs to deliver, because doing all this, then failing to actually pull off a decent trade, will have the same consequences as going Option 2.

And then things could get really ugly around here.

Sateri? Did I miss something?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Are we thinking they'll waive Frk and trade one of those guys before the season starts? I've been playing with the lineups and I can't see how both Rasmussen and Zadina fit in for October.
Frk might stick as a 13th/14th forward if only for the Zadina connection. I'm definitely thinking there might be a trade in the works.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
I guess were playing a 5 forward line up next year! I have no idea why were are spending money on forwards when we have Larkin/Mantha/AA to resign still. Death, taxes and Holland overpaying mid thirties FA'S ....

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
so how much cap does this leave to sign mantha and larkin in particular?

I for one hope they DO NOT take sweetheart deals
After the Bernier signing and with Mule on LTIR Detroit should've around $13.1 million to sign Larkin, Mantha and AA Mantha reportedly is getting a 2 year bridge deal at slightly less then $4 million per. Not sure on Larkin AA probably 2 x 2.5 give or take Larkin probably in the 5 x 5 range i would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->