OT: Vancouver Whitecaps (and general soccer) 2021

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Every game I've seen Herdman deploy 4-4-2, we are chasing the ball. He sometimes tries to get too cute.

5-4-1 or 3-5-2 please. That's what worked with this team.

We're lucky to be up by 1. Eustaquio would be huge at the half but he's not available until the El Salvador game.

Reactions: Kreator

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
an absolutely massive second half performance. Defensivley they shored up very well and kept the states to the outside. States were always going to have a few flurries and some chances but for the most part that was a very solid effort. I'm always cautiously optimistic but I'm started to get excited. SO f***ing happy right now, and the support this team is starting to gain and build toward just makes it that much better.

Reactions: Lindgren and Red

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
It would be almost impossible to blow this now.

LOL Please don't say that. We are Canuck and Canada fans :-(

But I think it may be mathematically done with a win on Wednesday if Mexico does the job and Jamaica beats Panama today (they are up 1-0 early).

I just didn't believe it could happen again, and not in this cycle. What an incredible job the young players and John and his staff have done to create believe and positivity. Amazing- even if we had no business today, we should have beat them in the US.

Reactions: Lindgren

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
upload_2022-1-30_15-30-9.png

Allez!

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Mexico and Costa Rica are at nil-nil, into injury time.

Update: make that the final score.

Panama over Jamaica, 3-2.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Based on the fact that the States, Mexico, and Panama still all play each other, I think the magic number based on results would be 5 points. We can't lock down a top 3 spot this window, but a win on Wednesday regardless of Costa Rica's result will essentially guarantee us a spot in the International Playoff. It's all starting to come together now, exciting times

Reactions: Lindgren

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Based on the fact that the States, Mexico, and Panama still all play each other, I think the magic number based on results would be 5 points. We can't lock down a top 3 spot this window, but a win on Wednesday regardless of Costa Rica's result will essentially guarantee us a spot in the International Playoff. It's all starting to come together now, exciting times
excited-ronpaul.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad