OT: Vancouver Whitecaps (and general soccer) 2021

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
^ I know a wonderful woman who quit her soccer career because of this piece of trash. She hasn't spoken about being a victim of his sexual abuse (and I hope she wasn't), but he was extremely physically and verbally abusive to her. Hope he rots.

Reactions: Peen

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Camillo and Crapeua both walk away cause caps don’t wanna pay more 250 k what a joke

these were MVP players their final seasons and they Pay other players close to a million who have no impact on the play on the field

Davies made 90k his final season

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I know it's not clinched yet but this feels now like we're in.

I still remember 8-1 in Honduras.

Costa Rica winning yesterday was huge also.

i never thought a day would
Come where I’m debating watch Canadian mens soccer over the nfl playoffs

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The save off the header ... amazing. And the second goal, both the through ball and the finish: that's just jaw-dropping. It's just so strange to see that from Canada. I still can't quite believe it.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

*AND* where we could potentially score some goals.

I remember way, way back in 1986, when we qualified for the World Cup & didn't manage to score a SINGLE goal in that entire tournament (and even if we continued on, didn't look like we would ever score one)

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I simply can not get over the schedule. How ridiculous to go from Honduras on a Thursday, to Hamilton to play on a Sunday, and back to central America to play on the Wednesday. That is simply crazy. Have the team play the USA at home at the end or beginning of the window and stay down there for back to0 back matches. It is simply the worst scheduling possible.

If somehow, we can overcomer this and still get results in the next two, we actually might have a team in the World Cup for real. Just wow!!

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
*AND* where we could potentially score some goals.

I remember way, way back in 1986, when we qualified for the World Cup & didn't manage to score a SINGLE goal in that entire tournament (and even if we continued on, didn't look like we would ever score one)

This team is different than any Canadian teams before. We actually have players and athletes that might actually be able to score goals against the best at times. We were so outclassed in 1986, a lifetime ago, but we have some real players now

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009

Seems too me we need to get two results in these next two games, but beating Costa Rica away would truly almost seal at least a 4th place and provide at least a qualifier game even if we don't hold a top 3 spot. I hope their win yesterday doesn't give them too much hope, but also deflates panama a bit

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

It’s easy for me. My team isn’t in the nfl playoffs. Were they to be in Sunday’s game, I still go Canada-USA without hesitation. Full disclosure- I have seen my team win two Super Bowls. I have been waiting on Canada for 27 years since World Cup ‘94 and my introduction to soccer.

Reactions: Red and tradervik

overboard

Oct 1, 2020
Vancouver
Seems too me we need to get two results in these next two games, but beating Costa Rica away would truly almost seal at least a 4th place and provide at least a qualifier game even if we don't hold a top 3 spot. I hope their win yesterday doesn't give them too much hope, but also deflates panama a bit

I'm also trying to calculate some of the permutations - still a lot of variables at play.

I think they could afford to drop the US match, and still do very well if they can get results in that last trio of games against Panama, Costa Rica and Jamaica. Even ties there will help immensely, because those chasers would gain no ground on us.

Losses against those teams would really hurt, but I have faith we can do this. Hopefully we'll have Phonzie back for that stretch - though even he isn't make-or-break for us. Our squad is that good.

Of the teams chasing us, our main threat - Panama - still has to play the US and Mexico...as well as us. So does Costa Rica.

That is a really tough set of matches for them.

Only Jamaica has mostly "easy" teams left, and they're fully 12 pts behind us.

Honestly, having both Mexico matches and one US game behind us, we are in a really, really good place here.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
It looks like it is going to be a long day hanging on though. Haven't had anything sustained

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Early goals always a double edged sword.

Great if you can build off it.

Not great if you can’t, piss off the other team and they adjust.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Early goals always a double edged sword.

Great if you can build off it.

Not great if you can’t, piss off the other team and they adjust.

Yes!! And I think Canada needs to adjust and come up with different rotations to press. USA too comfortable on the ball.

Really missing Davies in this one. But maybe we can threaten them enough times on the counter to unsettle them a little. Only twice so far in this game though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad