OT: Vancouver Titans | Overwatch ESports League

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Just rematched the season 2 stage 1 finals vs SFS again last night. I know GOATS got a lot of flack but that was peak Overwatch for me personally (so far). Every tiny mistake that would have been fairly irrelevant in prior metas was punished. You saw near perfection play at the top. Really fun to watch.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Just rematched the season 2 stage 1 finals vs SFS again last night. I know GOATS got a lot of flack but that was peak Overwatch for me personally (so far). Every tiny mistake that would have been fairly irrelevant in prior metas was punished. You saw near perfection play at the top. Really fun to watch.

Yeah... I miss goats tbh.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Is it much of a rivalry when the Shock are using only half of their roster from stage 1 and 2? Barely any Sinatra, Super is in and out. Definitely doesn’t have the same feel.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Is it much of a rivalry when the Shock are using only half of their roster from stage 1 and 2? Barely any Sinatra, Super is in and out. Definitely doesn’t have the same feel.

Prob not, but the viewing parties are a lot of fun.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

Tizi has history with the team and played on RunAway in 2017 with Bumper, Slime and Haksal. He also played on last year's championship team London Spitfire with Hooreg. He will be an improvement on Bumper at Orisa specifically but Bumper should still play everything else.

Reactions: Indiana

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Should be a big help considering how important Orisa is in this meta.

Doesn’t Tizi also play ball? I know Jjanu is really good but it doesn’t often work as you also want a D.Va with those comps. I honestly don’t remember Bumper playing ball very much. I agree that on Reinhardt and Winston you go with Bumper still.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I still think the Titans are going to try to play dive in playoffs or some variant. Playing Mei/Reaper is a death sentence for them. Loved that they tried to bring back Zarya (even though it had mixed results). They need to find what works for them. Really excited to see what they do against the shock next week.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Should be a big help considering how important Orisa is in this meta.

Doesn’t Tizi also play ball? I know Jjanu is really good but it doesn’t often work as you also want a D.Va with those comps. I honestly don’t remember Bumper playing ball very much. I agree that on Reinhardt and Winston you go with Bumper still.

He does, I don't know how good he is at Ball though.

I still think the Titans are going to try to play dive in playoffs or some variant. Playing Mei/Reaper is a death sentence for them. Loved that they tried to bring back Zarya (even though it had mixed results). They need to find what works for them. Really excited to see what they do against the shock next week.

If people are still playing Mei, then Dive won't be great, possibly a Winston/Ball, Ball/Zarya or Ball/Diva type of dive could work a bit better.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yeah sorry I didn’t necessarily mean a traditional dive comp. ball/D.Va seems good if Tizi can play a good ball. Halksal could even play Pharah. The issue would be rounding out the last 2 spots without leaving them vulnerable to the potential Mei/Reaper death ball.

I definitely wonder if they’ll continue with Zarya. While charged up she is very good in the neutral fights and definitely can be strong against Mei, but her ultimate is very weak in this meta and at low charge is not as useful as D.Va or Hog. Hard to say if it would work against a better team.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Weekend 1
Sat, May 16:
LA Valiant vs San Francisco Shock
Vancouver Titans vs Dallas Fuel

Sun, May 17:
LA Gladiators vs Dallas Fuel
Vancouver Titans vs San Francisco Shock

Weekend 2
Sat, July 4th:
San Francisco Shock vs Washington Justice
Dallas Fuel vs Philadelphia Fusion
Vancouver Titans vs Atlanta Reign

Sun, July 5th:
Dallas Fuel vs Washington Justice
San Francisco Shock vs Florida Mayhem
Vancouver Titans vs Philadelphia Fusion

https://tickets.vancouvertitans.gg

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
weird seeing SMS and Hooreg in for Stitch after not seeing Haksal at all against SFS

kinda sucks not having a truly elite DPS god, Haksal is insane on Genji and Pharah but those heroes are just... not very good

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Bumper is such a troll

"we really didn't practice for this match at all and winning was really easy"

Titans finish regular season with a record of 25W3L with a +61 map score differential 89-28-0

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
weird seeing SMS and Hooreg in for Stitch after not seeing Haksal at all against SFS

kinda sucks not having a truly elite DPS god, Haksal is insane on Genji and Pharah but those heroes are just... not very good

SMS has impressed me (I had low expectations) and Stitch has definitely been disappointing. Not a favourable meta for Haksal as you said and the rest of the DPS don’t stack up against the elites of the league.

I guess we’ll see how the meta forms with the sigma patch.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
SMS has impressed me (I had low expectations) and Stitch has definitely been disappointing. Not a favourable meta for Haksal as you said and the rest of the DPS don’t stack up against the elites of the league.

I guess we’ll see how the meta forms with the sigma patch.

Sigma meta is double shield, which promotes... spam heroes I guess. The retractable instashield makes Pharah, Tracer, and Genji quite poor as when they opt for a flank Sigma can throw the extra shield in their direction and nullify the flank. It also makes Widow worse because it cuts off her angles, Hanzo is ok as he does a lot of damage, but Orisigma may be a bad look going forward for the team.

If the meta is Sigma/Zarya, it might be better.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
The playoff bracket is set!

Wildcard Tournament

Guangzhou Charge vs Chengdu Hunters

Philadelphia Fusion vs Shanghai Dragons

Highest seed winner plays Seoul Dynasty, lowest seed winner plays London Spitfire

Then the main tournament:

Vancouver Titans (1) vs bottom seed wildcard spot (8)

Huangzhou Spark (4) vs LA Gladiators (5)

NYXL (2) vs top seed wildcard spot (7)

San Francisco Shock (3) vs Atlanta Reign (6)

Dates and breakdown available here:

2019 Season Playoffs Primer

Last edited:
Reactions: TruKnyte

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Wildcard tournament is this weekend.

Chengdu Hunters (12) vs Guangzhou Charge (9) tonight at 6PM

Philadelphia Fusion (10) vs Shanghai Dragons (11) tonight at 9PM

lowest remaining seed plays the London Spitfire tomorrow at 12PM

highest remaining seed plays the Seoul Dynasty tomorrow at 3PM

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
The Charge and Dragons won, so tomorrow is

Guangzhou Charge vs Seoul Dynasty

Shanghai Dragons vs London Spitfire

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I remember reading the Vancouver (along with London and SFS) were doing the best in scrims for what it’s worth.

Looks to be a heavy Doomfist/Sigma meta. I wonder if Jjanu will play Sigma? Haksal Doom obvs. Wonder if Tizi comes in?

Should be exciting to see. Seoul looks revitalized in this meta. Not an easy out.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I remember reading the Vancouver (along with London and SFS) were doing the best in scrims for what it’s worth.

Looks to be a heavy Doomfist/Sigma meta. I wonder if Jjanu will play Sigma? Haksal Doom obvs. Wonder if Tizi comes in?

Should be exciting to see. Seoul looks revitalized in this meta. Not an easy out.

Bumper has been playing Sigma on stream so they might roll with Sigma/Zarya which is pretty good in competitive

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Makes sense when you have a top 2 Zarya. Would be weird not seeing Jjanu in the games though.

Yeah, honestly Jjanu is a better Wrecking Ball, so we might not see Bumper, especially since Tizi can apparently play and he's a huge upgrade on Orisa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad