OT: Vancouver Titans | Overwatch ESports League

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Double sniper and dive is what I’ve heard for likely metas. Stitch looks to have grinded the f*** out of Widow.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Double sniper and dive is what I’ve heard for likely metas. Stitch looks to have grinded the **** out of Widow.

Lots of mei style bunker teams too, also Team Canada has a 12 man roster apparently and not 7, so lots of room for everyone. They'll announce in a few days after Blizzard confirms with them

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

Haksal and Jjanu selected to play for team South Korea

I think both Slime and Twilight should be there too based on the roster they selected and their chemistry, but I'll take 2 Titans going to the World Cup as a win.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Bumper didn't look comfortable on Orisa.

I spent the morning explaining the Titans to my wife and showing her the Shanghai highlight package, explaining GOATs, explaining Haksal and his Genji, explaining what Haksal means in Korean, explaining Hooreg off the bench, etc. Ideal Saturday imo

Reactions: Indiana and Pip

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Welcome to the Haksal show boys. Hooreg popping off as well. Good times. You just know that Stitch is going to do everything in his power to get back a starting role as well. Rapel always looked solid in earlier stages.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Ugly game against the Justice. Looks like they are still settling into their new roles. I really don't like Bumper on Orisa. Haksal hasn't been having the same impact as Mei. I don't think Mei is a hero you can pick up overnight, especially to play at the highest level. They should work around using a comp that takes advantage of Haksal's Genji because he isn't out of place on most maps. At this point I think the Titans are using these regular season matches as practice/to try out new things so they are more versatile in the playoffs.

Honestly with the global ult reduc, Mei won't be as good as everyone expects her to be. I think she needs a dmg buff on her left click (increases in dmg closer they get to freeze?) and her right click dmg should actually increase over a long distance rather than stay flat (I know flat's already better than most heroes but you should be rewarded more for hitting a target far away). Right now I don't think her dps can keep up with pro play requirements. Your second DPS has to be full throttle at all times. If they want to include Mei in the comp, Hooreg should play Mei and Haksal can play Genji.

Reactions: Indiana

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Personally, I think they just lost because they played standard comps. They should just off meta and play Genji, screw the meta.

To me the loss is more them trying stuff out rather than actually losing.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yeah I think if they *needed* to win we would have seen Haksal on Genji and Stitch possibly draw in. I think they are trying out the meta to see what works for them. Haksal is insane but relying on him to pop off to win fights may not work against every team. Hooreg on the Doomfist was something else lol. The unbeaten streak is gone so the rest of the season is about prepping for playoffs imo.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
You know, I google "overwatch schedule".... The sponsored links are basically all NSFW art. I'm surprised that Blizzard allows it. Legit imagines of NSFW images right when I google it come up as sponsored content.

Maybe it's because google algorithm is telling me something....

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
You know, I google "overwatch schedule".... The sponsored links are basically all NSFW art. I'm surprised that Blizzard allows it. Legit imagines of NSFW images right when I google it come up as sponsored content.

Maybe it's because google algorithm is telling me something....

The Overwatch League: Schedule

here's the full sched

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
London and Philly. Real test for our DPS to see how well we stack up in this meta.

Things I’d like to see:
Hanzo (Haksal)
Widow (Sitch/Hooreg)
Hog (jjanu)
Orissa (Bumper/Tizi?)
Mercy (Slime)
Ana (Twilight)

Genji (Haksal)
Tracer/Sombra (Stitch)
Winston/Ball (Bumper/Tizi?)
D.Va (jjanu)
Lucio (Slime)
Zenyatta (Twilight)

Pharah (Haksal)
Widow (Stitch/Hooreg)
Ball (Bumper)
D.Va (jjanu)
Mercy (Slime)
Ana (Twilight)

Also it might be useful to try the Mei/Reaper comp with Stitch in over Hooreg but I don’t believe this suits the Titans the best. I think this “meta” is less strict and the Titans should simply play to their strengths. Also, if they’re planning on playing all hog then I would try Stitch there; his hog was pretty nutty against Shanghai. jjanu has good highs but seems inconsistent to me (which could have to do with Bumper’s underwhelming Orissa play). I also have no idea if Tizi is joining them or will see any playing time.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
there are new Titans slurpee cups at Mac's and other CircleK establishments, Bumper, Jjanu, Twilight and Slime I think

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Stitch is a much better fit for this roster. Bumper still struggled imo but jjanu and supports outperformed their London counterparts. DPS I would say broke even.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Stitch is a much better fit for this roster. Bumper still struggled imo but jjanu and supports outperformed their London counterparts. DPS I would say broke even.

Haksal played considerably worse than Profit on Mei and the Spitfire are much better at using their cooldowns defensively. Bumper played a very meh game and him and Stitch didn't combine Halt and dragons effectively, Stitch was good though. Jjanu and the support team did very well. Slime could improve his barrier deployment, but overall was better than the last game.

We'd be stone dead tho if Fury just used Whole Hog away from the point... instead of putting Jjanu on the payload on R66.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think part of the reason Profit looked so much better on Mei was that Bumper was constantly out of position or burning his fortify and was getting frozen too often. I would agree that even considering that Profit outperformed Haksal on Mei but I don’t think it was by as much as it looked

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
20190809_140905.jpg

at your local Mac's/Circle K store

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Much better match for Bumper. Loved the different looks they had. Really played to their strengths. Zarya definitely is bad for this meta but SMS is so good that if he gets high energy it doesn’t even matter that Grav is not very good. Putting Rapel in to really allow Twilight to pop off on Zenyatta is really smart. Stitch was the MVP for this match though he outplayed Carpe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad