Our new Titans Staff are:

Steven “Flubby” Coronel (Head Coach) – USA
Ali “Pew” Anwar (Assistant Coach) - USA
Eric “Wheats” Perez (Assistant Coach) - USA
Justin Hughes – Assistant Manager, Team Operations - USA

Last edited:

tfu92

Nov 8, 2018
The opening games of the league this season had 230k concurrent average viewers on their online english broadcast and over 300k average viewers across all language broadcasts which doesnt include chinese viewership numbers. Pretty big numbers for an Esport league

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I watched a few OWL games over the past couple days and it was fun getting back into it. Probably will watch this one after the fact though.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I agree that it's kind of dumb and splitting hairs that a lot of these people want it to be called a sport but I think something like this is a perfectly legitimate interest.

Might give this a chance.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't get it. How do they turn video games into a sport. What a joke.

Don't view it as a sport, i.e. one that requires athleticism. View it the same way as poker or darts, as those already get airtime on sports channels as well. I think competitive chess is the best comparable, but I digress. It's a mental battle, requiring VERY quick reaction speeds, precision, and decision making.

I play Overwatch but have never been crazy about the e-sports scene, only really followed the The International in the past. I'll check this game out though just to see what it's like and what our team is like.

The problem with eSports is that, unless you play the game and understand how the gameplay works and all the nuances of the game, you won't appreciate what is happening and will just assume it's a bunch of nonsensical madness.

I wonder if the top of our logo's head is supposed to represent the mountains we have here? Idk just a thought.

Reactions: wetcoast

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Don't view it as a sport, i.e. one that requires athleticism. View it the same way as poker or darts, as those already get airtime on sports channels as well. I think competitive chess is the best comparable, but I digress. It's a mental battle, requiring VERY quick reaction speeds, precision, and decision making.

I play Overwatch but have never been crazy about the e-sports scene, only really followed the The International in the past. I'll check this game out though just to see what it's like and what our team is like.

The problem with eSports is that, unless you play the game and understand how the gameplay works and all the nuances of the game, you won't appreciate what is happening and will just assume it's a bunch of nonsensical madness.

this is true for most traditional sports too

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
After a streak of BRs, I am burnt out. So i went back to play OW for the past couple months, still a baddie. I've been actually enjoying watching the last few days. I do agree, OWL seems even more nuanced because you have to understand each hero's ability and how they work against team comps. I would say i still don't fully grasp that.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
I agree that it's kind of dumb and splitting hairs that a lot of these people want it to be called a sport but I think something like this is a perfectly legitimate interest.

if you do take the time to watch, I'll be around if you have any questions, the games can seem really hectic when you don't know the rules :)

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.

There's a confusion with this argument going around. Most people think that people want video games to be classified under the specific definition of "sports".

It's not a sport, of course. It's an esport. It's played on a digital playing field as opposed to a primarily physical one. Esports are their own thing, not to be clumped up with traditional sports such as hockey, football etc..

I'm an absolute diehard esports fan, and would never argue that it's a real life sport. Esports belong to a different realm of reality and in that reality, it's a sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->