OT: Vancouver Titans | Overwatch ESports League

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
What a gong show.

The team was too cheap to rent out some office space for the team to play in and the management team was unwilling to move to Korea with their players until the pandemic was over. What a joke all around.

The sad thing about it is that most of the players (which were top of their roles) are now retired from Overwatch altogether.

Haksal
Stitch
Jjanu
Bumper
Tizi
Fissure
Ryujehong

these are all young guys who had promising careers ahead of them

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
The sad thing about it is that most of the players (which were top of their roles) are now retired from Overwatch altogether.

Haksal
Stitch
Jjanu
Bumper
Tizi
Fissure
Ryujehong

Are most of them Korean? If so did they Retire because of the Manditory Military Service?
If so thats not uncommon. I don't really pay attention to OW, but i know LOL has that problem with some of there best players retiring cause of that.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Are most of them Korean? If so did they Retire because of the Manditory Military Service?
If so thats not uncommon. I don't really pay attention to OW, but i know LOL has that problem with some of there best players retiring cause of that.

I can’t speak to that specially, I know it’s a consideration since they are all Korean players, however from reports I read it was because they had such a poor experience from their time with the Titans. Most went to other teams for a bit then fell off. I think Haksal and Fissure are full time streamers. Ryujehong is a media guy in the esports scene iirc.

Reactions: AppleHoneySauce

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I can’t speak to that specially, I know it’s a consideration since they are all Korean players, however from reports I read it was because they had such a poor experience from their time with the Titans. Most went to other teams for a bit then fell off. I think Haksal and Fissure are full time streamers. Ryujehong is a media guy in the esports scene iirc.
Damn thats even worse. Hate to see a kid lose passion for any game like that.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yeah it’s a real shame. You are taking a bunch of 18-19 year old kids, moving them across the world to a country where they don’t speak the language and don’t properly support them. I’m honestly surprised they were able to sign any Korean players after this (Teru is the only one) and Korean players make up at least half of the quality players in the league.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Haksal
Stitch
Jjanu
Bumper
Tizi
Fissure
Ryujehong

Brutal. If this happened in League, and I don't think it can because Riot is pretty good at vetting who gets into the scene, that ownership group would likely be banned from ever owning a team again. Shady stuff sometimes happens in the challenger scene, a team that was winning a tournament had to disband because they stopped being paid, but it's rare and tends to make waves when it does happen. For this to happen to a team with a major sports affiliation and a billionaire owner is unheard of.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Brutal. If this happened in League, and I don't think it can because Riot is pretty good at vetting who gets into the scene, that ownership group would likely be banned from ever owning a team again. Shady stuff sometimes happens in the challenger scene, a team that was winning a tournament had to disband because they stopped being paid, but it's rare and tends to make waves when it does happen. For this to happen to a team with a major sports affiliation and a billionaire owner is unheard of.

It’s really too bad that the esports scene still isn’t quite mainstream enough for this story to be taken up seriously by the local media (and sports media). It’s really messed up

Reactions: Norade

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Finally snagged their first win of the season. After a really rocky time since the old Runway roster was dropped DPei has brought this team on the track to respectability

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Some nasty rumours coming out about the league as a whole then the whole Valient Nohill/DPei tweets. Not sure if you’re still following the scene @Rowlet

Reactions: Indiana

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Some nasty rumours coming out about the league as a whole then the whole Valient Nohill/DPei tweets. Not sure if you’re still following the scene @Rowlet

No, got other stuff to do. I barely even post on here anymore at all unless I see someone say something so unbelievably unintelligent.

Reactions: Indiana and Pip

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
I never really got into watching competitive Overwatch but played it a ton back in like 2016-2020 almost always playing as Reinhardt/Zarya. I'll have to give it another go when the new one comes out.

Reactions: Indiana

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No, got other stuff to do. I barely even post on here anymore at all unless I see someone say something so unbelievably unintelligent.
Is it the way the league as a whole has kind of turned into a fiesta or the team being terrible that has driven you away from something you clearly had a passion for short years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad