Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
All cowards. Scared to ask the tough questions and lambaste what has been the worst team in the NHL for the last few years. Has any other team in any sport performed this bad without having to face the music?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

agingfine_zpsmjem6lwj.png

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Walker is a schmuck but I don't think he's wrong. The Canucks have enough cap room to sign Boeser to a reasonable deal. CapFriendly shows $4.16 million cap space with a 25 man roster. To add Boeser, they have to drop 3 players (open day roster limit is 23 players). Let's say they waive Schaller, Motte and Eriksson. That reduces cap spending by $3.125 million giving a shade below $7.3 million in total cap room.

Wasting money on bottom six players doesn't mean they should compound the error. If they cave on Boeser, that sets a bad precedent for extending Hughes and Pettersson.

What are peoples' thoughts on a "reasonable" deal?

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Demote Schaller and buy out markstrom right there’s adds 5 million to the cap

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Demote Schaller and buy out markstrom right there’s adds 5 million to the cap

Buyout markstrom right before the season begins, in a year they've committed to going for it and making the playoffs? Right.

Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
First Canuck training camp without Botch. It's still like a gut punch these many months later. Sports talk radio just won't be the same.

Really wondering who in the Canucks media is going to ask the pointed questions and not lob a bunch of cliche softballs at them. It's a crushing loss.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I kinda hope once Drance gets comfortable back in his role he takes the kid gloves off and starts to ask the tougher questions.

member 290103

Am I the only one who just can't listen to Dhaliwal? To me, he out-******s Walker by a mile.

*feminine product

There’s a reason he was the WX1130 semi-anonymous twitter guy for the longest time.

650 just can’t seem to figure things out. People like Dhaliwal and Sat Shah are quality guys but they are horrendous as hosts.

That Sat Shah show is so bad....mind numingly boring.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
There’s a reason he was the WX1130 semi-anonymous twitter guy for the longest time.

650 just can’t seem to figure things out. People like Dhaliwal and Sat Shah are quality guys but they are horrendous as hosts.

That Sat Shah show is so bad....mind numingly boring.
I like Scott Rintoul and Alex Auld. Can’t say that I enjoy anyone else all that much.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Dhaliwals schtick is not entertaining. Stick to Twitter.

Andrew Walker is just a ****ing moron. Stick to Toronto.

Actually Walker and Rintoul probably have the best sports show and chemistry in town.

And this boring ignorant narrative that Walker is a Toronto guy still continues for some?

Reactions: skeena1

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Actually Walker and Rintoul probably have the best sports show and chemistry in town.

And this boring ignorant narrative that Walker is a Toronto guy still continues for some?
Yeah that's a weird one. I always thought he was from Toronto and was a Toronto homer because of all the hate for him, but then learned about his actual history. I mean he basically only worked in Toronto for 4 years - he grew up in Saskatchewan and then spent years working in Alberta. Why does everyone refer to him as a Toronto guy?

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Walker is a schmuck but I don't think he's wrong. The Canucks have enough cap room to sign Boeser to a reasonable deal. CapFriendly shows $4.16 million cap space with a 25 man roster. To add Boeser, they have to drop 3 players (open day roster limit is 23 players). Let's say they waive Schaller, Motte and Eriksson. That reduces cap spending by $3.125 million giving a shade below $7.3 million in total cap room.

Wasting money on bottom six players doesn't mean they should compound the error. If they cave on Boeser, that sets a bad precedent for extending Hughes and Pettersson.

What are peoples' thoughts on a "reasonable" deal?

They caved on Eriksson, Myers, ... why they shouldn't cave on a good player?

Walker is an idiot and without a notion how the salary cap works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad