Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think JPAT does, (that's why he got the can when 1040 had the canucks rights, IMO)
A problem is that people are so trained at deflecting questions and not letting reporters have confrontational follow-up questions.
What fans can do is pay for their news media (eg Athletic) then you have control over the content you want and reporters are not so relient clicks and having a good relationship with the canucks to keep their job.

I think JPat blamed the management change at Bell/1040. I remember JPat being very much a Canucks homer when he started his sports talk career. Then he wanted to like Botch.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Wyatt Arndt should do the majority of The Armies. His tone is closest to Botch and he filled in well last year. Drance and whoever else should be the fill-ins.

Arndt is good at dropping the pop culture references and he has managed to capture Botch's tone to a certain extent. Wish they'd come up with a different name for the piece, however. Maybe the "Barmies" (but then I thought the Athletties sounded like one of those unfortunate diseases people don't like to talk about, similar to the Viking clap).

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Arndt is good at dropping the pop culture references and he has managed to capture Botch's tone to a certain extent. Wish they'd come up with a different name for the piece, however. Maybe the "Barmies" (but then I thought the Athletties sounded like one of those unfortunate diseases people don't like to talk about, similar to the Viking clap).

That's hilarious. Or as the kids say, LOL.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
I like Armies because it pays homage to Botch always talking about the team needing an army.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Wyatt Arndt should do the majority of The Armies. His tone is closest to Botch and he filled in well last year. Drance and whoever else should be the fill-ins.
I like this idea actually - Arndt's been around forever on social media and his tone is definitely closer to Botchford's than other writers I've seen.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
For those who haven't come across it yet, Real Good Show founder – and HF Canucks alum – Justin Morissette has begun a daily podcast called Locked on Canucks (not his name, it's part of a network). The first few have just been him, but he says he'll eventually have guests on, and he's always good a pretty good handle on things. Also when he isn't working under the Sportsnet mantle he can be way more brutally honest about management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad