Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah that's a weird one. I always thought he was from Toronto and was a Toronto homer because of all the hate for him, but then learned about his actual history. I mean he basically only worked in Toronto for 4 years - he grew up in Saskatchewan and then spent years working in Alberta. Why does everyone refer to him as a Toronto guy?

The hate for all things Toronto is blinding sometimes?

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I hate when my twitter feed gets full of NFL shit, I follow these guys for hockey entertainment not random "oh how does that not get called" with absolutely no context. Sitting threw the horrible political takes are bad enough...

Just a thought, perhaps they are lonely watching football alone?

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
IMG_20190916_182717.jpg

Who looks at that promo shot and says "Yeah that's a good look Matt?"

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I got a kick out of an article from Ed Willes in the Province on Sunday. As we're all aware, before the Marner signing, the Canucks and Boeser had several months of unsuccessful negotiations.

On September 15, 2019 with Marner having been signed Willes wrote "Mitch Marner's new contract will make it even more difficult for Canucks to sign Brock Boeser" : https://theprovince.com/sports/hock...esers-signature-on-a-new-deal-just-got-harder

One day later, on September 16 the Canucks signed Brock Boeser to an extension.

member 290103

Combine that with Benning and Travis Green releasing Landon, I dont expect them to take the positive side of anything Canuck related... not that Ray did prior anyways.

Ray has nothing good to say because well.....there has not been much good to say. Dreger just has a hate on for Vancouver. Always has. Don't like the guy one bit.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Trying listening to a few minutes of the Sportsnet 650 post game show. Is it just me, or are these guys as awful as they sound? Endless cliches and their comments sound like the same sound-bites on a continuous play-loop. More cheerleaders than commentators. But I guess that goes with working for the house radio station.

Can't wait for the return of the TSN 1040 post-game show. At least JPat offers up something that resembles in-depth analysis. Besides he seems to ask the only relevant questions in the post-game presser with the coach.

Reactions: rypper

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Combine that with Benning and Travis Green releasing Landon, I dont expect them to take the positive side of anything Canuck related... not that Ray did prior anyways.

Ray is good friends with Travis Green, which is probably why Landon got the invite in the first place. Don't think he'll be extra critical of Green/Benning for giving his kid coming off an injury a chance.

Reactions: wetcoast

WestCoastLife

Nov 19, 2018
listened to 650 last night because wife was away and I wanted to fall asleep.

holy hell that mambo joe ain't working advertising jingle is annoying.

Totally. That ad is likely the worst I have ever heard, like painful to listen to.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Landon has played 2 NHL games in the past 3 seasons. He’s 28 years old now.

Career totals of 77 games with 7 goals and 5 assists for 12 points.

At best he could get a 2 way deal. Was never going to be a 1 way here.

Reactions: wetcoast

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Would listen to that if it wasnt dreger.

I think as long as Dreger plays the role as host, and lets Ray be the star of the show, it should be fine.

I used to like ray's other podcast, but eventually found it to be unlistenable, because the host for that one spent way too much time talking about the leafs.

I guess there is a danger of that happening with Dreger too, but let's see how it goes.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
I think as long as Dreger plays the role as host, and lets Ray be the star of the show, it should be fine.

I used to like ray's other podcast, but eventually found it to be unlistenable, because the host for that one spent way too much time talking about the leafs.

I guess there is a danger of that happening with Dreger too, but let's see how it goes.

I tried as well but I think it was just due to Ray's co-host being unpolished and not a good broadcaster.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Actually, Ray spoke on 1040 about Landon's experience and he said Landon had only great things to say about his experience. Sounded like the Ferraros were very appreciative of the Canucks for extending Landon the opportunity to prove that he can still play and Ray personally feels that but for the log jam of forwards the Canucks had they would have offered Landon a contract. There doesn't sound like there was any animosity there as far as Landon being released was concerned.

Reactions: lindgren

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Actually, Ray spoke on 1040 about Landon's experience and he said Landon had only great things to say about his experience. Sounded like the Ferraros were very appreciative of the Canucks for extending Landon the opportunity to prove that he can still play and Ray personally feels that but for the log jam of forwards the Canucks had they would have offered Landon a contract. There doesn't sound like there was any animosity there as far as Landon being released was concerned.
I heard it as well...
He was so appreciative... it was cool...

The part where is said something like he 'wasn't prepared for the feels he experienced seeing him in a Canuck jersey'.... makes you realize he still has some fandom in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad