Vancouver Media Thread- V

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I agree. It's a BS take. Not when they have front loaded so many player's contracts in the past like Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, and are getting $31 million in expansion fee money from Seattle, plus the $27 million they got from LV back in 2017.

Plus, Aquaman had to ok the Ferland contract since it wasn't insurable. That's how many millions that he threw away? When they should have offered only 2 year term if he wasn't insurable, saving them $6 million or so.

Thus to be out by $200K is nothing and a total cop out. Expected better from Sat.

They've had plenty of chances this year to save a few hundred thousand dollars via trades, buyouts, or simply having a smaller internal budget. I have no doubt they are negotiating hard, but if they actually want Green there's no way they are going to let him walk for a tiny amount.

Wouldn't the obvious stumbling block on an extension be term? Maybe the Canucks are trying to go 1-2 years to match Benning and Green wants 3-4? I don't know. Certain members of media have been pushing this money thing all year without any proof and I guess they're just committed to the bit at this point.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
By the way, it only took 5 media threads for me to say something good about IMac. Wonder if it will be another 5 for another.

Reactions: Nucker101

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I didn’t hear the interview so maybe I have some info wrong.

But if you are in his position and are going to express your opinion you better be able to back it up.

Button has been consistent in his views. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean he didn't "back it up."

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Sekeres hasn’t looked great recently with the Hughes IV and strong implications that Benning and a clean house were on the way.
Sometimes I do a quick breeze through other message boards, and you know its bad when every Matt Sekeres quote is prefaced with (take with a grain of salt).

His reputation has plummeted as an insider...It also doesnt help that he's as arrogant as heck.

Reactions: cabinessence

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sometimes I do a quick breeze through other message boards, and you know its bad when every Matt Sekeres quote is prefaced with (take with a grain of salt).

His reputation has plummeted as an insider...It also doesnt help that he's as arrogant as heck.
I don’t have an issue when Sekeres speculates rumors he hears - like the whole Boeser thing wasn’t even ridiculous as a suggestion and I understood why management would have shopped him actually.

I don’t get why people meme him for the Boeser thing.

The last two have been matter of fact and I know he didn’t make it up, but if you are going to imply something as a matter of fact - you have to be absolutely sure and he totally f***ed it.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Button has been consistent in his views. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean he didn't "back it up."

And what did he say to back it up? I didn’t hear the interview so I am saying I could be wrong, but from what I read getting mad because your opinion is being questioned isn’t backing it up. So I would honestly like to know what he said.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Anyone know if Jimbo will make a media appearance?

Or will he continue to be a coward and not do any press availability?
They’ll roll him out when the Sedins get introduced to deflect attention from him but still be able to say “he was available!”

Reactions: mossey3535

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They've had plenty of chances this year to save a few hundred thousand dollars via trades, buyouts, or simply having a smaller internal budget. I have no doubt they are negotiating hard, but if they actually want Green there's no way they are going to let him walk for a tiny amount.

Wouldn't the obvious stumbling block on an extension be term? Maybe the Canucks are trying to go 1-2 years to match Benning and Green wants 3-4? I don't know. Certain members of media have been pushing this money thing all year without any proof and I guess they're just committed to the bit at this point.
Aquaman is bad on term as is the Canucks organization. Benning had no leverage to get a 3 year term in 2019. 2 years would be fair to get him back to a year left to make a decision again given the Canucks had not accomplished anything yet. These pst 2 seasons should be them making the PO consistently.

green should be looking for 3 years. 2 year extension made sense if we are in 2020. But not in 2021.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
And what did he say to back it up? I didn’t hear the interview so I am saying I could be wrong, but from what I read getting mad because your opinion is being questioned isn’t backing it up. So I would honestly like to know what he said.

You should hear the interview for yourself and form your own opinions. I think that's the best way to go about it. The point I was making is that Button is a regular guest of the 1040 shows and unless you're having a 2021 draft segment, the idea that the hosts should have him on and only ask for his opinion on prospects is idiotic.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
listening to cmac for the first time and he’s a total nutjob total idiot lmao
I had the misfortune to tune in for the first time last week, it was amazing, he’s a shill trying to ride his horse as a voice of reason. Basically another IMac that thinks they’re level-headed and anyone who criticizes the team is just a silly emotional fan.

They’ll quickly do a 180 the day a new GM is hired and act like they were right all along.

Reactions: hookshott and m9

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
way way way way worse than imac imo

this guy is full q

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I had the misfortune to tune in for the first time last week, it was amazing, he’s a shill trying to ride his horse as a voice of reason. Basically another IMac that thinks they’re level-headed and anyone who criticizes the team is just a silly emotional fan.

They’ll quickly do a 180 the day a new GM is hired and act like they were right all along.
Imac recently has been pretty hard on the Canucks, Even green got pissed off at him quite a bit in the past month lol

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
way way way way worse than imac imo

this guy is full q
I only listened for like 5 minutes before switching back to Spotify lol, I couldn’t stand listening to more so I’ll take your word for it lol.

These guys are why so many casuals are still indifferent on Benning and love Green lol

Reactions: vanuck

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Imac recently has been pretty hard on the Canucks, Even green got pissed off at him quite a bit in the past month lol
Probably because he thought his boy was about to be canned. He’s undoubtedly a Benning fan if you look at his overall body of work. He was upset about the Sven Baertschi demotion, I’ll admit that.

Similar to how Gallagher was a big Gillis fan, they undeniably had biased opinions. They may write some criticisms but they’re far and few between.

Reactions: Peen and Canucks LB

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Canadiens media have outed players who are in the NHL substance abuse program, so I'm good with our local guys not going that far.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canadians media is crazy man, It's way worse.
I posted a Interview here a few days ago, go listen to it, it was amazing

Last edited:

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Probably because he thought his boy was about to be canned. He’s undoubtedly a Benning fan if you look at his overall body of work. He was upset about the Sven Baertschi demotion, I’ll admit that.

Similar to how Gallagher was a big Gillis fan, they undeniably had biased opinions. They may write some criticisms but they’re far and few between.
Imac was gagging for Benning before even meeting him.

Reactions: Nucker101

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Never a good combination

That is what makes Benning so awful. Being really stupid and arrogant at the same time is a really bad combination in an executive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad