OT: Vancouver Giants Announce They Will Move To Langley Event Center

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Anyone know how the flex packs usually work? Certainly can't make every game, but plan on attending more than one.

Usually, you get 6 vouchers per pack, and you call them prior to the game you want to go to to reserve your seats. Bring the voucher with you, get your ticket, and that's that. Use them in whatever combination you want.

I'll be getting two packs for next season.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Usually, you get 6 vouchers per pack, and you call them prior to the game you want to go to to reserve your seats. Bring the voucher with you, get your ticket, and that's that. Use them in whatever combination you want.

I'll be getting two packs for next season.

So just like the Lions? Perfect. What do they usually go for?

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I worked for the Langley Chiefs their first year at the Preston Rec Centre - crazy in retrospect seeing Jamie Benn and Kyle Turris before they were drafted. Hopefully they've done some upgrades on the place in the past decade, it's barely Junior B quality right now.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
No more games for me. New West I could handle. Langley is the boonies that I avoid like the plague.

Ever been over the new Port Mann? The LEC is 10 minutes further, if that. I'd bet it's actually easier to get to than getting in and out of New West with all their congestion problems.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
For the people interested in Flex Packs, I spoke to a ticket rep on Tuesday who said they won't be available to purchase until August, maybe late July depending on how season ticket sales go, which currently is above expectations.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Just checked in as I was very interested in flex packs.

Still no flexes available. Wonder if they'll come out before the season begins...

Was wondering the same thing, but now I remember them saying that given the smaller configuration of LEC, flex tickets may not be available if they sell a certain amount of season tickets.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
This will be a much more convenient location for most people..not all obviously. Considering junior hockey attracts affordable hockey for families that is the EXACT demographic of Langley, South Surrey, Cloverdale, etc.

JIM Hogarth - care to explain the demographic of Vancouver? It seems that even the demographic consensus of this poll has contradicted your sentiments about the move.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Ever been over the new Port Mann? The LEC is 10 minutes further, if that. I'd bet it's actually easier to get to than getting in and out of New West with all their congestion problems.

Don't forget the toll though. It was 3 bucks each way a couple years ago. I think it's gone up since then. Although I assume the LEC provides free parking, and I also assume parking at pne was pay parking? I really don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad