GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - 4:30 PM PST - SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yes, half the board has apparently summarized the last 6 poor games as Sbisa being the missing link and he's our PK foundation.

Ok, first
Everyone knows Sbisa is not a good player overall, but he's been better than a Weber so far this season.
Second, Sbisa is really good on PK.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Wouldn't call him really good at anything at all.
He's a decent PK on a team full of them.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Or we could just play Alex Biega, who has badly outplayed 3 of these guys in every game he's played this year going back to the preseason, and was one of the best players on the ice in his only regular season game.

Maybe Weber coming out of the lineup means that Hutton gets a chance on the top unit? But probably not.

PP changes at practice today were
Tanev/Edler PP1 Burrows in front of net
Hutton/Hansen PP2 Dorsett in front of net, McCann and Bo

Classic Willie or Gulutuzan or whoever is in charge of this joke

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Pretty sure it's Pearn or Gully who runs the PP.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Neh, i can get over with it Sutter or Virtanen replaces Dorsett.
At least Weber if off the PP.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

This has to be some sort of joke, dear god...

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Sedin-Sedin-McCann
Hutton/Vrbata-Weber

has this been tried yet? why not put all our best shooters with the Sedins on the PP? and Edler is too ****ing slow for my liking.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hutton and Sbisa have been good this year. Far better than Hutton and Weber/Barts.

It's not a preferable situation but you work with the cards you have.

This is true. And for all of the (well earned) flak Sbisa gets, in my opinion, he's looked better than Weber has this year. That's not saying much, but there it is.

I agree with MS on this one - would rather see Biega in over any of them. But at least this should be a marginal improvement.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sedin-Sedin-McCann
Hutton/Vrbata-Weber

has this been tried yet? why not put all our best shooters with the Sedins on the PP? and Edler is too ****ing slow for my liking.

I'm down with taking Edler off but no to Weber.

Wouldn't mind Tanev in all honesty with Hutton, just for his passing and puck carrying abilities. Yeah his shot is awful but at least he's good at holding the line.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Sedin-Sedin-McCann
Hutton/Vrbata-Weber

A left-handed shot with the Sedins on the PP will never make sense. The only way it remotely works is if that LH shot is the net-front guy (Burrows).

McCann will be sitting in the slot waiting for the pass but it'll never work because the Sedins operate on the right side.

3 RHs are the best fit for the Sedins on the PP, I believe they've said so themselves. But for some reason the coaches refuse to do it, and will always shove Edler in there even though he has no business being on either PP unit.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
A left-handed shot with the Sedins on the PP will never make sense. The only way it remotely works is if that LH shot is the net-front guy (Burrows).

McCann will be sitting in the slot waiting for the pass but it'll never work because the Sedins operate on the right side.

3 RHs are the best fit for the Sedins on the PP, I believe they've said so themselves. But for some reason the coaches refuse to do it, and will always shove Edler in there even though he has no business being on either PP unit.

I actually wouldn't mind Hansen playing the point as a RHS but I doubt that ever happens.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Vrbata will miss Wednesday's game against the Jets with a minor groin tweak, The Province reports.
It was a bit of a mystery why Vrbata didn't take part in the Canucks' morning skate, but now the reason behind his absence has been revealed. As a result of him missing the contest, the newly-recalled Alex Grenier will draw into the lineup in his place and is expected to slot in on the second line alongside Chris Higgins and Jared McCann. Vrbata's next chance to rejoin the lineup will come Saturday against the Blackhawks.
http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/canucks-radim-vrbata-out-with-minor-groin-issue/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks can get through this game without any further injuries, it will be a moral victory....but fear the last game of a miserable 7-gamer and the physical pounding they're going to get from the Jets, make this a dangerous outing.....similar to the game where Martin Hanzal of the 'Yotes sidelined two Canucks on consecutive shifts.:damnpc:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Dorsett on the power play over virtanen and baetschi

Oh I love it. It's like a comedy show only the joke is someone comes in your house and destroys you TV and your supposed to laugh.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
If the Canucks can get through this game without any further injuries, it will be a moral victory....but fear the last game of a miserable 7-gamer and the physical pounding they're going to get from the Jets, make this a dangerous outing.....similar to the game where Martin Hanzal of the 'Yotes sidelined two Canucks on consecutive shifts.:damnpc:

It was three Canucks in a single shift IIRC.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Dorsett on the power play over virtanen and baetschi

Oh I love it. It's like a comedy show only the joke is someone comes in your house and destroys you TV and your supposed to laugh.

You usually arnt this humourous with your sarcasm.

+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad