GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - 4:30 PM PST - SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think they're just taking advantage of being relatively close to Utica to get a look at some guys.

I'm just happy Vrbata might not play.

I understand that we are supposed to hate every single thing about Vrbata, but I thought he actually played quite well last game. The Higgins-McCann-Vrbata line actually looked dangerous out there.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Unbelievable. We give the AHL's leading goal scorer under 10 minutes of ice-time last game, playing on the 4th line with two scrubs. And now when a top 6 spot opens up we send him down only to call up a plug to play on that 2nd line. Where the **** is the logic in that?

If I didn't know any better I would say that the Canucks are intentionally trying to tank here. But I don't think they're smart enough to figure out how to execute that.

Ugh.

Maybe it was a LW vs RW thing?

Vrbata RW, shoots R
Grenier RW, shoots R
Shinkaruk LW, shoots L

Maybe not as :scared: worthy as you're making it..

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Maybe it was a LW vs RW thing?

Vrbata RW, shoots R
Grenier RW, shoots R
Shinkaruk LW, shoots L

Maybe not as :scared: worthy as you're making it..

Burrows has been a RW for several years so we could have gone with:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Hansen
Shinkaruk - McCann - Burrows
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Higgins - Cracknell - Dorsett

That way we put our young skilled players in a position where they can play an offensive game. Except Willie prefers a plug on the 2nd line, and Baertschi down with 2 plugs on the 4th line for some reason.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Why is Baertschi playing on the 4th line? Seriously, what did he do to get on Willie's doghouse

Why is Dorsett playing on the 2nd PP? And Higgins still in a top 6 role when he's the best fit with the 4th line.

This roster management is just terrible...

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Why is Baertschi playing on the 4th line? Seriously, what did he do to get on Willie's doghouse

Why is Dorsett playing on the 2nd PP? And Higgins still in a top 6 role when he's the best fit with the 4th line.

This roster management is just terrible...

I don't mind Baertschi on the 4th line actually, he'll get plenty of ice time haha and those guys can get the puck for him. Cracknell has shown he can shoot the puck, too. Seriously can we talk about how good Cracknell has been? Plays hard 2 ways, good hands, great release, what's not to like.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Winnipeg on a back to back with travel in between....should be a canuck advantage but smells like a loss to me.

The Jets last played Monday, not last night.

Good luck tonight - that lineup looks strange for you guys but so does ours so who knows what will happen.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
Shink is not physically ready. Management wanted to see how he handled the show and wanted to reward him likely with a game, but he's not ready. Why would they risk putting him in vs a Jets squad that has been undisciplined taking runs at their opponents the second the game is not going the way they want it to go? Cmon people, it's not that difficult to figure out.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Unbelievable. We give the AHL's leading goal scorer under 10 minutes of ice-time last game, playing on the 4th line with two scrubs. And now when a top 6 spot opens up we send him down only to call up a plug to play on that 2nd line. Where the **** is the logic in that?

If I didn't know any better I would say that the Canucks are intentionally trying to tank here. But I don't think they're smart enough to figure out how to execute that.

Ugh.

Yup. No sense at all.

Perfect opportunity to give Shinkaruk a quality look tonight.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
I haven't seen a Canucks lineup this terrible since....2006/2007? The stealth/accidental tank is in full effect. Bleh.

Caring less and less after every loss. I know I'll still watch every game though :laugh:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
As much as I like McCann that has to be the worst 2nd live we've had for a game in almost a decade. I can actually see Grenier getting some Cracknell-like minutes unless Willie goes even more crazy and scratches 4 forwards for the 3rd period. Here is my stab at our 3rd period lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Cracknell - Dorsett
Burrows - Horvat - Grenier

Baertschi - McCann - Jake - popcorn time

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Well at least Sbisa feels confident. Now if only he had the skills to back that up. Dunning-Kruger ftw!

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Prediction: Sbisa has spent the last couple of weeks watching mountains of video and comes back and has an uncharacteristically solid game, leading the Canucks to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad