Kitimat, BC

large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: November 18th, 4:30PM PST
WHERE: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, MB
TV: Sportsnet
RADIO: TSN1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (per @VanCanucks)

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - McCann - Grenier
Burrows - Horvat - Virtanen
Baertschi - Cracknell - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Bartkowski - Hutton

Miller

Winnipeg Jets' Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted.

Notes:
- The Canucks re-assigned F Hunter Shinkaruk and recalled F Alexandre Grenier from the Utica Comets of the AHL.
- Canucks F Radim Vrbata is not at the morning skate today and is questionable for tonight.

Last edited:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Okay...

Even more of a head scratcher when one realizes Vrbata is not at the morning skate. Seems like a perfect opportunity to give Shink some ice-time with quality linemates...

Bizarre. It'll be interesting to see Grenier make his Canuck debut.

I think they're just taking the opportunity to see what a bunch of the Utica guys do at the NHL level. There are three forwards that we expected they would want to take a look at this year: Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Grenier. This is just opportunistic because of all the injuries. These are essentially all auditions for next year's starting roster.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Winnipeg on a back to back with travel in between....should be a canuck advantage but smells like a loss to me.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Okay...

Even more of a head scratcher when one realizes Vrbata is not at the morning skate. Seems like a perfect opportunity to give Shink some ice-time with quality linemates...

Bizarre. It'll be interesting to see Grenier make his Canuck debut.

I think they're just taking advantage of being relatively close to Utica to get a look at some guys.

I'm just happy Vrbata might not play.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Call up Shinkaruk. Play him on the fourth line
Call up Grenier. Play him on the second line.

Lol???

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Call up Shinkaruk. Play him on the fourth line
Call up Grenier. Play him on the second line.

Lol???

:laugh: Classic Benning/Desjardins. There is literally no reason to send Shinkaruk down, Utica doesn't play again until Friday.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
:laugh: Classic Benning/Desjardins. There is literally no reason to send Shinkaruk down, Utica doesn't play again until Friday.

Play wednesday fly to utica and play again?

Rather just have him fresh for a big 2 games friday then saturday

jester00

Jun 9, 2011
Western Canada
The only legitimate reason I can think of for this switch is who we are playing. They wanted a bigger body in the line up to go against the Jets. Not that Grenier really uses it.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
The only legitimate reason I can think of for this switch is who we are playing. They wanted a bigger body in the line up to go against the Jets. Not that Grenier really uses it.

I think the poster who said right handed vs left handed is probably correct. If Vrbata's not playing they need someone to play RW.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Unbelievable. We give the AHL's leading goal scorer under 10 minutes of ice-time last game, playing on the 4th line with two scrubs. And now when a top 6 spot opens up we send him down only to call up a plug to play on that 2nd line. Where the **** is the logic in that?

If I didn't know any better I would say that the Canucks are intentionally trying to tank here. But I don't think they're smart enough to figure out how to execute that.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad