Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Grenier is called up and shincky sent down to comets

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Did Baertschi cost us a number of goals in his 7 minutes of ice time last game? I don't understand why this player isn't getting any opportunity at all. He's playing fine, he's been solid defensively, he's putting up some points, so what's the problem?

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Did Baertschi cost us a number of goals in his 7 minutes of ice time last game? I don't understand why this player isn't getting any opportunity at all. He's playing fine, he's been solid defensively, he's putting up some points, so what's the problem?

He loses battles doesnt try hard all the time makes timley mistakes and has no offence confidence to keep him a purpose. Was a bad trade and we should trade him off for a lower pick and except the loss

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Jets have offence but letting in tons of goals these days so i think therell brake out huge but let in some softies. Like 6-3 jets are goals by Hansen Hutton burrows

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I guess we've forgotten how bad Sbisa is?

I'd be happy if we were without Sbisa, Weber, and Bartkowski.

#CutTheFat

Can Sbisa really be worse than Weber?

The obvious answer is yes. Yes he can.

But hell, after losing 6 of our last 7, if the only real risk is "losing harder", why not try and mix it up?

Although by far the biggest annoyance out of this to me is that Hutton still isn't on the first unit PP. I mean...why? He easily looks the best on the blueline...I just don't even. Sigh.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

But hell, after losing 6 of our last 7, if the only real risk is "losing harder", why not try and mix it up?

Although by far the biggest annoyance out of this to me is that Hutton still isn't on the first unit PP. I mean...why? He easily looks the best on the blueline...I just don't even. Sigh.

It gets real hard to cheer for this team when there's so much incompetence among management and coaching decisions. Hutton needs to be on the 1PP, and we need to see guys like McCann given a regular spot on the PP (even if it's on the 2nd unit).

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Not the right thread, but I'm gonna miss Jeff Patterson. Thought he was one of the better radio hosts and was always on top of Canucks news. Best of luck to him :(

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
He loses battles
True. Lots of players do however. In fact 100% of battles are lost by at least one player.
doesnt try hard all the time
False

makes timley mistakes
Name one.

and has no offence confidence to keep him a purpose.
Maybe that's the result of getting 7 minutes?

Was a bad trade and we should trade him off for a lower pick and except the loss
Irrelevant to the discussion. Also *accept.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Or we could just play Alex Biega, who has badly outplayed 3 of these guys in every game he's played this year going back to the preseason, and was one of the best players on the ice in his only regular season game.

Maybe Weber coming out of the lineup means that Hutton gets a chance on the top unit? But probably not.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Not the right thread, but I'm gonna miss Jeff Patterson. Thought he was one of the better radio hosts and was always on top of Canucks news. Best of luck to him :(

Well it does relate to tonight's game as this will be the first time in a while that he isn't doing the postgame show. I'm curious who takes over but not expecting to be pleased.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Or we could just play Alex Biega, who has badly outplayed 3 of these guys in every game he's played this year going back to the preseason, and was one of the best players on the ice in his only regular season game.

Maybe Weber coming out of the lineup means that Hutton gets a chance on the top unit? But probably not.

We should have thrown an offer at Sanguenetti while we were at it. I'd take Biega and Sanguenetti for a fraction of the price over the three expensive stooges. Blows my mind that we have almost $7mil going towards three replacement level defensemen.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I guess we've forgotten how bad Sbisa is?

I'd be happy if we were without Sbisa, Weber, and Bartkowski.

#CutTheFat

Yes, half the board has apparently summarized the last 6 poor games as Sbisa being the missing link and he's our PK foundation.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Predicting a regulation loss. The team is not confident under desjardins.

I've got news for you....Desjardins isn't confident under Desjardins...if he could just lose that 'cat on a hot-tin roof' demeanor behind the bench, I'd feel a lot more confident.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

And to think Bro Jake still has a job.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
We may as well throw Sbisa back in there, it's not like this could get any worse.

The only reason to bet on the Canucks tonight is that they're due. Unfortunately, they're playing a decent team that has lost six straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad