GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Listening to ep’s post gamer it sounds like he has basically said the players threw out the Green “playbook” and played based upon their own instincts

so as i thought, the team won despite the coaching

that said, team d play was horrifying as usual

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The only difference between this and the Nashville game on Friday is our PP got going.

0-5 vs 3-6. Our PK still sucks and Demko makes huge saves on 5v5, but at least he’s worth his money. 5M

and this team is better than 2017 because we’ve outplayed Nashville and Dallas. Not a bottom of the league, but no doubt we have a ton of depth at forward. You need defence in the playoffs though.

The thing is the quality of play from the Canucks just doesn't seem to be there.

Sure they got 2 points but so did the Ducks and the Wild who are ahead of us in the standing and playing better to boot.

Can this team win 4 out of 5, 7 or 8 out of 10 going forward that's going to be the key and right now it doesn't look like it.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I've never seen a PK operate the way they're running it. It's asinine. It looks like they've got one guy that pressures up high regardless of puck movement. He just chases up high. The other forward stays down low, protecting the wings i guess? He ends up doing nothing down there, and the high forward obviously can't chase fast enough allowing the point men to take clear shots at will.

Traditionally, the two PK forwards trade off as the puck moves from point to point, but for some reason we're not playing it like that. It's really bazaar and not surprising that we're leaking goals against on the PK.

1-man pressure with triangle down low is pretty common in the league. What you're describing is the box.

What they're doing is what a lot of other teams do, just....not well.

Reactions: B-rock and Indiana

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Really fun game to attend...

Watching Garlard off the puck was entertaining.... He remains in a crouched power position... Like he's ready to explode to where he needs to go... And he goes.. quickly. That no look pass was weird and unreal... He really is like a more skilled Burrows on cocaine.. his board work was awesome, and just amazing how he comes out with the puck

Hughes had the worst game I've ever seen handling the puck. So many bobbles and unclean touches.... Killed momentum and zone possession a few times.
As I kept saying - he needed to pull his head out of his ass. Then you see 3 assists at the end of the day... Really? Ha..

Demko was unreal...watching him make those saves made my groin hurt.

Boeser... Felt like he didn't win any board battles... Didn't get to any on time. He is so slow and seemingly useless when not in a half court setting. I'm fully on the 'Trade Boeser' team. Is there a team? Empty net goal was nice.

Poolman is a grinder. High effort player. He made a lot of lil break ups and blocks.. bumped people trying to make plays... He was decent.

That Pettersson goal was jaw dropping. I could not believe it found a lane to the top corner... Like how? Came home and watched it on PVR and still... As a leftie, he flung it back his right, top corner, passed a 5 man stack of players.

Burroughs is just not NHL caliber. I really wanted to like him after how he started the season and was so physical... The decision making and game IQ is not there. Basic things like stick positioning - are just not there.

I stayed quiet for the most part when people were praising Bailey when he came back. I did get it at the time.. I still don't see anything in this kid that makes me want him in a lineup.

Lots to like.. Pearson. That shift leading to the Horvat goal was great. Miller, Horvat... The Leaders. Good games...

But the nicest revelation.... Podkolzin!
You can virtually see the progression. You see his confidence brewing. He knows what he's doing physically.. Know how to leverage and keep strong on his skates.. he could have had a 3 pt night as well..

Next up... The Ducks!

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
where did you hear that?

He's a Long Covid guy seven months out from having it who still apparently couldn't even work out a month ago, at which point Benning said "He's going to be out for a while. He's not going to be back anytime soon." Who knows if he'll be back this season, and how effective he'll even be considering where he was at before all of this.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad