GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I said after the first 10, I wanted to see 6 wins over the next 10...

I guess I need to see 6 wins over the next 9 now...

Start tomorrow please...

Will Motte play?

Question about going to the games...
(I'm going tomorrow)

- How big is the delay entering the stadium due to health checks?

-What time do they cut off pregame warmups? I.e. what time do I need to show up to watch 10-15 mins of it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021

I guess I need to see 6 wins over the next 10 now...

Start tomorrow please...

(I'm going tomorrow)

-What time do they cut off pregame warmups? I.e. what time do I need to show up to watch 10-15 mins of it...
Not very for the upper bowl. Pretty quick scan of the passport. Should be the same for the lower bowl. I also arrived late when everyone else got there so be early and it should take no time at all.

15 mins before game start. Get there like 30 mins before the start time and you should catch most of it.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
A fourth line player returning from injury won't turn the tide of this team which should be planning for another 6th or 7th overall pick in next years draft, unless they trade it of course.
No.. it doesn't turn the tide of the team since he ain't on the shit ass PP...

But I like our bottom 6 better with him.. And we ALL know how people like to focus on bottom 6 players..

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
suggesting he can play third line if given more of a chance.

Alright, well, I think that's an optimistic assessment of Motte. Given his age, it's unlikely that there's more to his game than we've seen to this point in his career. He could play as a 3rd line winger... I'm just not convinced that's the sort of roster move the Canucks need to turn things around.

Stranger things have happened, of course, but it makes me cringe a little when people suggest that Motte is what this team is missing at the moment.

Nov 1, 2011
Motte is not a fourth line player

How so?

He's 26, averages about 20 points per season (prorated since he's never actually played a full 82 game season), useful as a PK'er, skates fast, works hard, etc.

These are the hallmarks of a 4th liner.

Unless your suggesting he's more of an AHL/NHL tweener.

Who cares?!?

The whole point is that Motte's return is meaningless if our highest paid offensive players don't start scoring.

Last edited:

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Who cares?!?

The whole point is that Motte's return is meaningless if our highest paid offensive players don't start scoring.

Well yeah, that was the initial point made by beachcomber, which I agree with (and apparently you do too).

Raistlin went off on a bit of tangent about Motte's overall value, but really, he's not the kind of player that the Canucks should be relying upon to right the ship.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
A fourth line player returning from injury won't turn the tide of this team which should be planning for another 6th or 7th overall pick in next years draft, unless they trade it of course.
I expect Chiasson to come out and we see Motte join Bailey on the 4th line.

The forward group is everything we expected it to be. We need Pettersson and Hoglander to have more than 1 goal this year. How is the rookie from Russia outscoring without PP time??

The entire idea of Pettersson as #1c and Hoglander as top 6 should be scrapped for a month. Dowling and Podkolzin higher in the line-up.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
- Dallas wins
- Demko stands in his head
- Green blames anyone but himself
- Bo echos Green
- Nothing changes

book it

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017

Start tomorrow please...

Will Motte play?

(I'm going tomorrow)

I was at the Friday game, the health checks didnt really take that much time at all....not even two minutes extra Id say. Was 15 minutes early and the pregame was already done

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

We've played 11, and lost our 11th game. So we need 6 wins over our next 9. Should be easy peasy.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks get another crack at it tonight...Again,. a) can the Canucks best players be their best players..?...b) can they improve on the horrific special teams..?...If not, it will be another long night.

Its not imperative, but scoring the first goal would help..The opposition scoring first is part of the script that we have seen all too often this season...and then losing by a single goal (the team is not going blown out, they're losing by a fine line..but a loss is a loss).

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Would expect Motte to play well on emotion then need some time to get his timing back. I agree he could be a good 3rd line player and before this long lay off it would have been interesting to shift him to C and see if he could play it effectively at the NHL level.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Pearson Motte Podkolzin 3rd line

Lets hope our top2 centres get out of this malaise and this team can get going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad