GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Chiasson looks to be finally done.
Surprised it took this long honestly, the experiment just did not work.

It was clear and evident it wouldn't work. You need roster players that can be also utilized 5 on 5. The Oilers went out and addressed this by pursing Hyman, who can be the net presence on the PP and can excel on 5 v 5; and rightfully discarded the piece of trash that was Chiasson. Canucks FO should have observed this from the start considering f***ing Edmonton played in the same division.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It was obvious for a year to avg. Joe fan chaisson sucks and isnt an assest, so of course dimjim signs him and green force feeds him prime minutes the last month, qnd we lose assets bc of it!
Genius.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Hunt over Burroughs is a mistake

but what else would one expect from incompetent coaches?

Agree. Also, Jack Rathbone was having a difficult time up here, but this is a player you should perhaps play to learn through his mistakes.

The fact that Hamonic got instantly recalled and Hunt is drawing in speaks volumes about TG and the coaching staff. Clueless idiots looking at age over everything else.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
I expect Chiasson to come out and we see Motte join Bailey on the 4th line.

The forward group is everything we expected it to be. We need Pettersson and Hoglander to have more than 1 goal this year. How is the rookie from Russia outscoring without PP time??

The entire idea of Pettersson as #1c and Hoglander as top 6 should be scrapped for a month. Dowling and Podkolzin higher in the line-up.

Demoting Pete? Sure. He's a straight up liability right now... but Hoglanders been one of the hardest working players every game. Demoting him makes less sense than Chiasson on PP1, or Garland on the 3rd line... or benching Podkolzin..

I didn't mean to make this an anti Green post but damn he's bad

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Garland on the 3rd line...Chiasson in the press box

Every time I see the line combinations I think I see something interesting, and will work well, but it never does.

That being said... the Garland/Podkolzin combination looks interesting. And finally Podz on the 2nd power play unit. He'll be good at creating space for himself in that crowded area in front of the net. With Garland on the left side, Pods could get a few good close in shots on net.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Every time I see the line combinations I think I see something interesting, and will work well, but it never does.

That being said... the Garland/Podkolzin combination looks interesting. And finally Podz on the 2nd power play unit. He'll be good at creating space for himself in that crowded area in front of the net. With Garland on the left side, Pods could get a few good close in shots on net.
I don't read too much into the lines...No doubt the blender will be out again, and story will change after the first 10 minutes
Depends on who's going..and who isn't.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Pettersson needs to be moved down the line up. If he wants to continue his disappearing act then at least let another player try and produce in that role.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
No Chiasson? That's a start.

Pettersson in our top six is a problem though.

Garland-Miller-Boeser would be a better line, but Pod and Garland together could be fun to watch.

Green won't be fired, not matter how bad we lose.

Go Canucks, whoop the Stars.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
If we get shutout by Holtby and Travis Green still has a job..... I will personally take a dump on Francesco Aquilini's door step.
X-mas might indeed arrive early this year….
A8AB780C-E947-46D0-9F79-E96A371921F0.jpeg

Holtby is sitting tonight...panic averted.
5CB4AE61-E3FF-40B5-A262-821FFD5F638A.gif

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Pearson needs to go to the third line

he is not a top 6 guy, even on our crap team

just an anchor on Bo’s line

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Schenn is absent from practice..doesnt necessarily mean he wont play...Hunt subbed in for OEL on PPI in practice the other day, and you overracted to that.

Does Burroughs even play the left side?

edit..Schenn hurt,..Hunt is next on the depth chart at LHD.
Prrhaps but i really don’t feel Schenn has added much

i like that he sticks up gor guys and his physical but he is a general liability out thrre

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I said after the first 10, I wanted to see 6 wins over the next 10...

I guess I need to see 6 wins over the next 10 now...

Start tomorrow please...

Will Motte play?

Question about going to the games...
(I'm going tomorrow)

- How big is the delay entering the stadium due to health checks?

-What time do they cut off pregame warmups? I.e. what time do I need to show up to watch 10-15 mins of it...

LMAO. This team needs to go 12 games over .500 the rest of the way. Do you see that happening ?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We're playing a team that struggles to score more than we do....so I would expect them to break out of their scoring slump against us...5-2 Stars.

Don’t know the score bud I know we will let in a PP goal.
Green said “he’s not as worried about the PK as he is the PP”

Our PK runs at 20% efficiency hahahahhh. Fire the f***ing goofball.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Prrhaps but i really don’t feel Schenn has added much

i like that he sticks up gor guys and his physical but he is a general liability out thrre
I've thought he's been fairly solid as 3rd pairing D man this past little stretch..I agree that he was a liability at the beginning of the season.
Pretty sure we will see Rathbone back from Abby pretty soon.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
LMAO. This team needs to go 12 games over .500 the rest of the way. Do you see that happening ?
I’ve always cheered for us to win during games, but we need huge change, and being mediocre (near to .500) isn’t going to get that to happen. We need a losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad