GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Amused that the tank thread lasted less than a day before destruction. I think some firings are in order. We sure need some wins.
The only thing 'amusing' or 'depressing', depending on your point of view, is that only 11 games in and already the season is hanging in the balance.

If the Canucks go 0-2 in the last two games of this homestand, they'd be heading out on to the road four games below .500 with some games looming in some very tough buildings.

You could easily see a scenario where they'd come back off the road six or seven games below .500, which is not dissimilar to their start a year a go. Thus you end up chasing the rest of the season just to get back in it.

So the 'tank thread' may be temporarily derailed, but it could be back with a vengeance by American Thanksgiving.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Holtby playing lights out for Dallas..Giving credit to Ian Clark for his resurgence...According to a some of the expert texpert posters here, he was cooked because of having a few down seasons..and being geriatric..something like that.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
With Arizona winning last night, Dallas is now the only team without a real win. Holtby has come back to earth a bit recently, should be an easy victory.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Seems like Garland is being moved down to the third line. Pearson is literally gorilla super glued to Horvat’s hip. It’s so obvious these coaches have no idea.

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
Only way this season is salvageable is if they lose out until Frankie Blueberries is forced to shitcan Green.

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
but I thought we were supposed to stick a fork in him the minute he was acquired ?..:sarcasm:
Jeeesh glad you can be impartial?

You literally have made every post here with the intention of pardoning Benning for mistakes and the funny thing is nobody needs to be pardoning for Markstrom that was a no brainer 10/10

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
In all seriousness i need to see Horvat and Pettersson making things happen. These 2 guys who are supposed to be pillars for us to win and have been mostly awful and gifts to the opposition.

You guys keep complaining about Pearson with Horvat but from what i've seen Horvat needs Pearson in his own end covering for his ass to date

4th line culture

Jan 11, 2020
Beagle was usually our #3C.

It’s always been crazy how people called the Gaudette scrap line playing 8-10 minutes the ‘3rd line’ and the Beagle line playing 12-14 high-leverage minutes the ‘4th line’.

That makes his production even more impressive doing it with the beagle boat anchor attached to him

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hunt over Burroughs is a mistake

but what else would one expect from incompetent coaches?
Schenn is absent from practice..doesnt necessarily mean he wont play...Hunt subbed in for OEL on PPI in practice the other day, and you overracted to that.

Does Burroughs even play the left side?

edit..Schenn hurt,..Hunt is next on the depth chart at LHD.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If this happens, and the boo birds start, surely change can’t be far off.
I really think there’s a disconnect between HF and reality when it comes to how much leash the coaches/front office have. Do people really think Green is a couple of losses away from getting fired? I seriously doubt it

Owenrship has been ridiculously forgiving/blind with these guys.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
In all seriousness i need to see Horvat and Pettersson making things happen. These 2 guys who are supposed to be pillars for us to win and have been mostly awful and gifts to the opposition.

You guys keep complaining about Pearson with Horvat but from what i've seen Horvat needs Pearson in his own end covering for his ass to date

Horvat doesn’t NEED Pearson to cover for him. Green needs one line at even strength that can actually score. Dropping Garland who is PPG when there is huge potential in a Hog Horvat Garland line is not what we need right now. Whats the point of a “balanced” attack when the balance is that we score 0 goals lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad