Confirmed with Link: [VAN/PIT] Pedan and 2018 4th round pick for Derrick Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
shinkaruk, like goldobin, is a top 6 or ahl player.

is pouliot busted to the point of not being a bottom 6 dman? that is still a useful asset.

it will be interesting to see if pedan can catch on with the pens. the change of scenery here works both ways.
most likely, yes. That's why he's been unable to make it on a relatively not deep blueline.

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
Vancouver is slowly becoming the Island of Misfit toys and that's perfectly fine with me

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
So far Green has done very well with players he is familiar with (Baertschi). No reason not to give him a chance. All of Green's roster decisions so far have been on point. Just because WD wore permanent blinders and refused to change, doesn't mean Green will have the same issue.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
This is another guy whose had off ice issues as well
He certainly hasn't aged well that's for sure
8476884.jpg

derrick-pouliot-2015-50.jpg

derrick-pouliot-2015-50.jpg

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Man imagine we are forced to put Pouliot on waivers and someone claims him after we gave up picks.

That would be the most vancouver thing ever.
Maybe its because the coach had something to do with resuscitating the careers of Jake Virtanen and Sven Baertschi from nowheresville..?

Is this already confirmed? LOL

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Can we stop bleeding picks in every single trade?

Why wasn't Andrey Pedan enough to get this done?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
aww.. just as Pedan looked like he was getting it.

The much discussed and formerly very coveted Derrick Pouliot is now our project.
23 yr old, 67 career gms, former 9th rounder with some pedigree.
Well... I'll look forward to see what we got... was praised for his work in the playoffs if remember correctly... or was he thrashed?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
shinkaruk, like goldobin, is a top 6 or ahl player.

is pouliot busted to the point of not being a bottom 6 dman? that is still a useful asset.

it will be interesting to see if pedan can catch on with the pens. the change of scenery here works both ways.

Well he's not a 6th defenseman yet and he's nearly 24 soooooooooo ...

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
f*** that.

It's probably not the worst one of these "gambles" that Benning has made and I'll admit that I know jack shit about Derrick Pouliot, but it just seems unnecessary and his ceiling clearly isn't that high.

If we had to give up a late round pick for a LHD, I don't know why we weren't in on Schlemko.

The worst part of this trade is easily the fact that this organization seems to still be obsessed with bringing in familiar faces and I feel like Benning never says no to any request he gets from the coach, president or owner.

Obviously not the end of the world, but likely poor asset management again. And I'd probably be less annoyed by shit like this if we hadn't made several similar and unsuccessful deals like this before.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Pouliot has upside in the same way that Reid Boucher has upside. It's only said because they're youngish.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.

Pouliot was a former 1st round pick and is a defenseman (which we all know takes more time to develop).
Boucher was a former 4th round pick and is a forward.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
You're comparing apples to oranges here.

Pouliot was a former 1st round pick and is a defenseman (which we all know takes more time to develop).
Boucher was a former 4th round pick and is a forward.
Who cares where they were drafted? Boucher has also played better at the NHL level.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This stinks of "age gap" garbage. You could probably draft a Pouliot in the fourth round pretty easily.

Plus he's basically being handed a roster spot when he's never been able to stick in the NHL.

Pure Benning goodness.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Holy overreaction on these boards...That said,I see Greens fingerprints on this one...Looks like a reclamation project who has stalled in his development.....,but hey,if anybody can fix broken players..it is Green.

I get the aversion to throwing away picks,but if they can get this guy going they would easily be able to flip him for more than a 4th down the road.
I agree i don't mind this trade. Pedan had zero value and If Green can rebuild Pouliot's confidence they could get a legitimate PP threat down the road. A 4th is way better than a 2nd (50th) that they gave up for Vey (and i realize i just used a poor reasoning a worse move) but as i said i don't mind the price to risk/reward.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Ruhwedel ended up having a better camp with the Pens apparently - from quickly perusing their site.

Seems like the perfect type of acquisition you wanna make at the stage this organization is in. Take a chance... and it could be a homerun if he becomes an NHL regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad