Confirmed with Link: [VAN/NJD] Canucks acquire 4th in '24 for F Curtis Lazar

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
You were the one trying to draw parallels between Weisbrod and Benning independently changing things with zero collab with the rest of the drafting team. That’s what I was referring to.

Not sure if you were just being cheeky or what, but you’re kinda ignorant if you don’t think teams would be reevaluating things together after the first round. Again, collaboratively, not just two people high on huffing their own farts thinking they’re the smartest guys in the room.

Independently changing things with zero collab with the rest of the drafting team? Who are you think of? Are you thinking of Hoglander? You think Hoglander moved up the list out of thin air? You think that there weren't scout(s) that advocated on Hoglander's behalf?

Clearly you are ignorant and misinformed.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Independently changing things with zero collab with the rest of the drafting team? Who are you think of? Are you thinking of Hoglander? You think Hoglander moved up the list out of thin air? You think that there weren't scout(s) that advocated on Hoglander's behalf?

Clearly you are ignorant and misinformed.

Is this a bit or are you really this thick?

Or have you forgotten about what led to Brackett leaving the organization?

I have no earthly idea why you’re purposely pretending not to know what’s being talked about when you were full on referencing it while talking about “stripping Harvey of his authority.”

Again, don’t know if you were just being cheeky or what, but there’s a big difference between Weisbrod and Benning going off on their own and not including anyone else in their discussions and changing the draft list (which is the shit you were trying to be cute about by trying to pin a “gotcha” on someone) and actually discussing things and having them be in flux.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Is this a bit or are you really this thick?

Or have you forgotten about what led to Brackett leaving the organization?

I have no earthly idea why you’re purposely pretending not to know what’s being talked about when you were full on referencing it while talking about “stripping Harvey of his authority.”

Again, don’t know if you were just being cheeky or what, but there’s a big difference between Weisbrod and Benning going off on their own and not including anyone else in their discussions and changing the draft list (which is the shit you were trying to be cute about by trying to pin a “gotcha” on someone) and actually discussing things and having them be in flux.

Oh wow you're serious. First of all, it was a joke. And second of all, you really should inform yourself before speaking to other people this way.

This has been discussed at length with links so I'll just provide some snippets from Drance's article in the Athletic

In the case of the Canucks and Hoglander, there were those in the organization that were initially skeptical about Hoglander's size and his wonky skating stride. It's often the general manager's job to litigate those concerns, to make the group dig deeper... They were concerns that the Canucks organization shed, but there's little question that they existed at the outset...
Over the course of the 2018-2019 season, the club tracked Hoglander closely and with increasing interest. Jonsson, Brackett and cross-checking scout Derek Richard saw Hoglander frequently through the fall, sending back glowing reviews.
When the Canucks shaped their list ahead of the 2019 NHL draft... Hoglander was the 17th name on the club's list, sources indicate... In constructing their 2019 draft, the Canucks had prioritized several defenders, one of whom was still available.

Multiple team sources declined to confirm the identity of the player ranked ahead of Hoglander...
At the conclusion of Day 1 of the draft, Vancouver's amateur scouting department met, discussed how the board looked and had a lengthy conversation about Hoglander. They'd spend a lot of time watching him play and tracking him closely. There were a ton of Hoglander supporters internally...
There was also a sense that the club had a real knowledge edge in Patrik, who could vouch for the other stuff - the commitment level, personality, humility, professionalism...
Jonnson had made his character references, Brackett had seen Hoglander at tournaments, Richard had flown from Boston to Sweden to get additional live viewings as a cross-checker, senior management drove over the Port Mann Bridge to see Hoglander live during the holidays, the entire amateur scouting side had sat and watched shifts together in pre-draft meetings. Even Elias Pettersson was asked for his opinion..."
Ultimately it was Benning himself who pushed in amateur meetings after Day 1 of the draft to move Hoglander up the draft list prior to Day 2.

Jonsson was also quoted in saying that Delorme loved him to.

It sure doesn't sound like the breakdown in process that you're suggesting here...

Reactions: krutovsdonut

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Oh wow you're serious. First of all, it was a joke.

I legit asked right at the top, dude. ("Not sure if you were just being cheeky or what...")

Not my fault you continued to seriously babble on instead of just going 'I was joshin' around, dude'

And second of all, you really should inform yourself before speaking to other people this way.

This has been discussed at length with links so I'll just provide some snippets from Drance's article in the Athletic

Not talking about Hoglander, but okay.

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
does anyone know why he has not played for the devils yet? seems weird he would not get a test drive immediately.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
does anyone know why he has not played for the devils yet? seems weird he would not get a test drive immediately.

He was hurt at the time of the trade and hadn't played since Feb 15, although I thought the team was saying he was going to return for the game right around the deadline, which obviously didn't happen. I'm guessing it's connected to that?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He was hurt at the time of the trade and hadn't played since Feb 15, although I thought the team was saying he was going to return for the game right around the deadline, which obviously didn't happen. I'm guessing it's connected to that?

He said he was aiming to play on the Saturday game. So possible the Devils are giving him more time to recover.

Reactions: MS

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Also, he requires a new US visa to work in the USA since his location of work has changed. He was traded on a Friday, and the offices are closed Saturday and Sunday and it takes approximately 2-3 days to process the paper work. The TDL occurring on a Friday really throws a wrench into teams plans for this reason.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I legit asked right at the top, dude. ("Not sure if you were just being cheeky or what...")

Not my fault you continued to seriously babble on instead of just going 'I was joshin' around, dude'

Not talking about Hoglander, but okay.

Sounds like somebody got called out and is backtracking.

So if you're not talking about Hoglander, what instance are you talking about where Benning and Weisbrod changed the draft list following the first round without collaboration from the scouting staff?

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Sounds like somebody got called out and is backtracking.
No, you’re just not paying attention to me asking you a question. You could’ve just said you were joking around and that would’ve been it.

So if you're not talking about Hoglander, what instance are you talking about where Benning and Weisbrod changed the draft list following the first round without collaboration from the scouting staff?
Oh, it was Hoglander. Sorry, you were correct on this. I got my wires crossed.

I was thinking Klimovich for some reason, no, I honestly don’t know why. Mea culpa on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad