Confirmed with Link: [VAN/NJD] Canucks acquire 4th in '24 for F Curtis Lazar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
This is a weird one. But a 4th isn't much at the end of the day, and he could easily have a modest rebound and regain that value again.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
McKenzie making it sound like the Canucks and Penguins are still working out a framework for a Miller trade. Take on a player the Canucks don't want and flip him to a 3rd team.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
This is a weird one. But a 4th isn't much at the end of the day, and he could easily have a modest rebound and regain that value again.

It's probably not the worst gamble in the world for NJ because if he rebounds to his 2022 form he has multiple years at 1 mil. Still a good move on our part.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Good move to move off a guy who had been a pretty big disappointment, and do it quickly.

Was terrible on the PK, brought nothing to the 4th line, and was upgraded on by Di Giuseppe. Surprised we were able to get a pick for him, honestly.

I feel bad for him as he signed here to be close to home and he seems like a really good guy, but at some point you have to perform.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Teams have been hoping for him to rebound for over 5 years. Lazar is great but should never be in an NHL teams top 3 lines. This is a more than fine return.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I think the fact that almost every recall from Abbotsford played at the same level as him or better kind of sealed the Canucks' decision to move on.
My post wasn't clear, I was thinking more of what New Jersey's rationale might have been for giving up an asset for him. I'm fine with the deal too.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Charlie Sheen Winning GIF - CharlieSheen Winning Smoking - Discover & Share GIFs

Winner Win GIF by GaryVee - Find & Share on GIPHY

Reactions: Hit the post

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
McKenzie making it sound like the Canucks and Penguins are still working out a framework for a Miller trade. Take on a player the Canucks don't want and flip him to a 3rd team.

Nothing would surprise me at this point, but I also feel like the ship has sailed there.

Hextall pivoting from JT Miller to Mikael Granlund was...a choice.

Miller > Granlund. Granlund's contract is ugly as well, but shorter and less cap.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Sounds good to me. As much as he was a hometown guy he wasn't putting in the contribution we thought he would. And we need draft capital.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Good riddance … probably one of the least talented players I’ve seen take a regular shift in vancouver in a while and that says a lot.

Reactions: dwarf

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Fine move. The return of the cap is probably better than the 4th in 2024. More assets to help move out cap or be shown as "replacing" the higher picks moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad