TSN: [VAN/FLA] Canucks acquire D Erik Gudbranson, 2016 5th for McCann, 2016 2nd, 2016 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think the fact that Florida fans are not liking this trade shows how much they value Gudbranson.

The fact that the entire world is on Vancouver like we got fleeced show we actually did do pretty well in this trade. McCann to Gudbranson is a huge upgrade, having a top 4 dman has more valule then a "maybe" top 2 centreman).

Most florida fans actually say he is a second pairing guy on the panthers board, but thats neither here nor there. I agree with the last sentence.

a lot of them are saying they traded away their future captain.

Wush

Nov 18, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
A bad trade for the Canucks.

Gudbransson is a top4 in my opinion, but not at the price of McCann and the 33rd overall pick.

The Canucks are not going to contend any time soon and the lack of direction from the management team is really frustrating

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Florida can probably flip the 33rd pick or McCann for a better D man than Gudbranson and come out way ahead.

Benning gets rammed in the ass once again.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I honestly think some of it is blind optimism in place of hope. Without hope we have nothing, and I think some are too afraid to admit that.

Yeah, I can see that ... probably not worth trying to discuss the details with some fans. Oh well, as we know from history, eventually this management group will be gone. We'll see what happens.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, I can see that ... probably not worth trying to discuss the details with some fans. Oh well, as we know from history, eventually this management group will be gone. We'll see what happens.

Eventually, every management group will be gone. Not sure what that proves.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
You know, I was having a nice relatively stress free summer not being faced with dumb news.

This deal shows this management's impatience and inability to assess value. A McCann for Gudbranson swap is a potential vs experience debate, which is fine. The fact that we have to throw in another potential solid NHLer in the future with the 2nd is crazy.

I really want to become a hockey fan because of this management group. Looks like my general hiatus will continue.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Fascinating that the 2nd is being most often cited why this is a brutal trade. Not a fan of its inclusion but it only represents sub 25% chance the pick goes on to play 300 NHL games - that's good, poor and everything in between games.

Primarily because of the state of the team. The entire management has been preaching patience and building the right way through the draft, yet they hemorrhage picks at every opportunity for less-than ideal returns.

It comes down to a very simple premise: The best way to improve your odds is to buy more lottery tickets.

We can't seem to stop giving away our lottery tickets.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I'm so sick of this ****ing narrative that picks don't hit that often so it is no worry that we trade them. This is the same **** we have had preached at us over and over again for over a decade. What has happened? we've made significantly less picks then everyone else and we are barren because of it.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Benning said how Florida, really wanted Mccan.. he was dealing from a position of strength.. I really like this pick up, but why can't this guy figure out his asset management.

Mccan isn't fast as ****. he's shifty. high IQ, good shot, can find open seams. Needs to add some strength, and can be a solid 2nd line center, on a contending team.

I'm going to add that he doesn't back down and has an incredible drive to win.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I think the fact that Florida fans are not liking this trade shows how much they value Gudbranson.

The fact that the entire world is on Vancouver like we got fleeced show we actually did do pretty well in this trade. McCann to Gudbranson is a huge upgrade, having a top 4 dman has more valule then a "maybe" top 2 centreman).

a lot of them are saying they traded away their future captain.

So the fact that everyone in the hockey world seems to think the Canucks were fleeced except for Florida fans on a message board indicates to you that the Canucks did okay?

Uhhhhh.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
:laugh::laugh:omg he is going to move the 5 pick,to get back the 2nd he just traded.:popcorn::popcorn:

It was suggested on 1040 that the Canucks are pretty sure they can draft Dubois. Perhaps Benning has been told by Chiarrelli that they are taking a d-man or Tkachuk?

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
tumblr_naeo2gPi291spm17no1_500.gif

lawrence

May 19, 2012
So the fact that everyone in the hockey world seems to think the Canucks were fleeced except for Florida fans on a message board indicates to you that the Canucks did okay?

Uhhhhh.

Nope

even without their whining I thought it was a good trade.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It was suggested on 1040 that the Canucks are pretty sure they can draft Dubois. Perhaps Benning has been told by Chiarrelli that they are taking a d-man or Tkachuk?

Chiarrelli and Benning are very close. I won't be surprise if he actually disclosed to him who he was going to pick with the 4th pick to give him a heads up. Seriously no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad