Proposal: VAN / CHI

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
There is no combination of prospects in Vancouver's system that could net Patrick Kane.

And since Vancouver would easily be a playoff team with their guys + Kane, your 1st round picks are irrelevant as well.

You don't have what it takes to acquire Kane unless you give up an "untouchable" player.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Canucks would have a 3 year playoff window. Not contending but a playoff window. Very short sighted and I doubt the Hawks have any interest trading their best player in a deal like this.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This is absolutely terrible for both clubs, just lock it up. Chicago wouldn’t take that and Vancouver can’t afford to lose all that for one player

Reactions: RebuildinVan

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
There is no combination of prospects in Vancouver's system that could net Patrick Kane.

And since Vancouver would easily be a playoff team with their guys + Kane, your 1st round picks are irrelevant as well.

You don't have what it takes to acquire Kane unless you give up an "untouchable" player.
This is a silly exaggeration. Podkolzin, Hoglander, DiPietro and Rathbone would return Kane pretty easily, I’d think.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
To Vancouver Canucks
Patrick Kane

To Chicago Blackhawks
Loui Eriksson
Brandon Sutter
Nils Hoglander
Vasily Podkolzin
2021 1st Round Draft Pick
LOL why would we give up all our future here. Hoglander Pod and a 1st are pretty much off the table unless the offer STUNS us. Even take out one of these three and still say NO WAY

Proposal REJECTED

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Kane at 31 doesnt fit into our core and 31 y o Markstrom and Tanev were allowed to walk.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This is a silly exaggeration. Podkolzin, Hoglander, DiPietro and Rathbone would return Kane pretty easily, I’d think.
No, none of those guys have elite potential. You're just adding scraps to the pile. Hollander and Pod have top 9 upside, DiPietro probably a fringe starter, and Rathbone second pairing.

If Kane gets traded, it's for a legit 1st liner or #1D.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
No, none of those guys have elite potential. You're just adding scraps to the pile. Hollander and Pod have top 9 upside, DiPietro probably a fringe starter, and Rathbone second pairing.

If Kane gets traded, it's for a legit 1st liner or #1D.

You can stop holding your breath now, cuz it's not going to happen. Esp. not for his $10.5 million in cap.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
You can stop holding your breath now, cuz it's not going to happen. Esp. not for his $10.5 million in cap.

I’m guessing hawks would retain.

And yes, hawks would get a massive haul for Kane.

Imagine being dumb enough to think one of the best wingers in the game wouldn’t return an A level prospect. (Among other prospects/picks)

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
The Hawks would have to retain. How much should the Hawks expect for 3 years of Kane at max retention (5.25 cap hit). Kane will still be near elite for the next 3 years. Hell, some feel he's as good as he's ever been.

Yep. 110 points last year, 84 in 70 games this year.

Kaner will age like fine wine.

and this is all worthless conversation, there’s not a single prospect Vancouver has that would move the needle on this.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Patrick Kane fits into any core. Comparing him to those players? What a dumb thought.
It's the age that I'm comparing not talent.
On a pure talent level he's awesome but he has what 3 years and then ufa and doesnt fit the age group ,thats all.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Even if the Hawks would agree to this (lol), zero chance Vancouver can fit in a 10.5M forward when Demko, Hughes and Pettersson all need to be paid in a year.

This was my first thought as well and the Hawks could probably do better.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Canucks decline.
Canucks need to add hughes to that package to even get Chicago to pick up the phone. that package alone from Vancouver is a net wash to dump sutter and eriksson contracts, you need to add to that to net an elite player return like Kane

you're out to lunch to decline that

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

I guess if the Hawks were sold on DiPeitro being a #1 NHL goalie and were fairly high on the other guys but I seriously doubt this is the case.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Canucks need to add hughes to that package to even get Chicago to pick up the phone. that package alone from Vancouver is a net wash to dump sutter and eriksson contracts, you need to add to that to net an elite player return like Kane

you're out to lunch to decline that

Idk man you guys moved Panarin for Saad.

Anything is possibleeeeeeeee

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I guess if the Hawks were sold on DiPeitro being a #1 NHL goalie and were fairly high on the other guys but I seriously doubt this is the case.
I'm pretty sure this package would land any 30+ year old star in the league provided his team was in a position to benefit from rebuilding. Podkolzin is a top 5-10 prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad