Proposal: VAN / CHI

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Canucks need to add hughes to that package to even get Chicago to pick up the phone. that package alone from Vancouver is a net wash to dump sutter and eriksson contracts, you need to add to that to net an elite player return like Kane

you're out to lunch to decline that
Hughes alone would probably get Kane. He's one of the best young players in the league.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm pretty sure this package would land any 30+ year old star in the league provided his team was in a position to benefit from rebuilding. Podkolzin is a top 5-10 prospect.

To the part in bold, perhaps to Canuck fans but given that he was taken 10th overall last year and there are many prospects older plus this years draft, its extremely unlikely that the Black Hawks see Podkolzin in the same light.

I like Rathbone but they have a better small offensive Dman prospect already in Boqvist.

Also like I said I highly doubt that the Black Hawks think DiPietro is a #1 goalie in the NHL at 6 foot even and he hasn't really hinted at it either.

Ditto Hoglander and his size.

That's before the problem of Kane's salary for 21-22 when EP40 and Quinn are up.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hughes alone would probably get Kane. He's one of the best young players in the league.
like I said, the vancouver package alone is a net wash to dump the dead weight of eriksson and sutter. even in your suggestion, it's accurate that all the other pieces weigh out and it's Kane for hughes

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
like I said, the vancouver package alone is a net wash to dump the dead weight of eriksson and sutter. even in your suggestion, it's accurate that all the other pieces weigh out and it's Kane for hughes
That’s hyperbole too. Dumping about 8.5m in real salary wouldn’t require one of the game’s best prospects, another very good one and a bubble team’s unprotected 1st. Take out Podkolzin and any rebuilding team still makes that trade immediately.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
That’s hyperbole too. Dumping about 8.5m in real salary wouldn’t require one of the game’s best prospects, another very good one and a bubble team’s unprotected 1st. Take out Podkolzin and any rebuilding team still makes that trade immediately.
podkolzin is not one of the games best prospects. sorry. his stock has slipped in the last two years and he did not have a great draft +1 year

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

podkolzin is not even a top 50 prospect right now and sadly that's a fact

I mean...Literally the post above that his.

It doesn't fix the OP's proposal, given the cap dumps and what not, but I've yet to see him below 15 and any credible list of top prospects. I'd be happy to see something to lower my hopes for him slightly though...I can't want to get him over here.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Canucks need to add hughes to that package to even get Chicago to pick up the phone. that package alone from Vancouver is a net wash to dump sutter and eriksson contracts, you need to add to that to net an elite player return like Kane

you're out to lunch to decline that

LOL at thinking Vancouver would even entertain giving up Quinn Hughes to get Patrick Kane.

podkolzin is not one of the games best prospects. sorry. his stock has slipped in the last two years and he did not have a great draft +1 year

I assume you're just looking at the stats and have no idea that St. Petersburg plays him largely on the 4th line.

He was literally just named a top 10 prospect by the Hockey Writers, was 16th from Pronman in January.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
LOL at thinking Vancouver would even entertain giving up Quinn Hughes to get Patrick Kane.

I assume you're just looking at the stats and have no idea that St. Petersburg plays him largely on the 4th line.

He was literally just named a top 10 prospect by the Hockey Writers, was 16th from Pronman in January.
Lol don't fall for this guys bait, he trys to dump seabrook at every corner too. Hawks fan in denial about where their team is headed just like their captain.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

lol at thinking you're going to get Kane AND offload a truck full of crap without giving a premium player because Kane would be head and shoulders Vancouver's best player immediately

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
lol at thinking you're going to get Kane AND offload a truck full of crap without giving a premium player because Kane would be head and shoulders Vancouver's best player immediately

Didn't say the OP was good. But you let me know when a team EVER trades a 21 year old top pairing defenseman for a 32 year old, regardless how good he is.

Also Kane isn't a better overall hockey player than Elias Pettersson right now and there's not a team in the league who would take Kane over Pettersson right now.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Didn't say the OP was good. But you let me know when a team EVER trades a 21 year old top pairing defenseman for a 32 year old, regardless how good he is.

Also Kane isn't a better overall hockey player than Elias Pettersson right now and there's not a team in the league who would take Kane over Pettersson right now.

LOL

Go find me any nhl player ranking that lists Pettersson ahead of Kane. (Save your time there isn’t one)

And NHL teams wanting pettersson over Kane isn’t going out on much of a limb considering one is just entering his prime.

But other than that, great post.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
LOL

Go find me any nhl player ranking that lists Pettersson ahead of Kane. (Save your time there isn’t one)

And NHL teams wanting pettersson over Kane isn’t going out on much of a limb considering one is just entering his prime.

But other than that, great post.

Are we considering the Hart voting a list? Because Pettersson had more than Kane this year.

Kane right now may be better offensively. Pettersson plays a premium position and has much more of a 200 foot game.

Also: Ranking the Top 25 NHL Players Playing in the 2020 Postseason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad