Proposal: VAN / CHI

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Didn't say the OP was good. But you let me know when a team EVER trades a 21 year old top pairing defenseman for a 32 year old, regardless how good he is.

Also Kane isn't a better overall hockey player than Elias Pettersson right now and there's not a team in the league who would take Kane over Pettersson right now.
oh just lol

uh yeah, you probably have 30 GMs line up to have Kane on their team for a playoff roster for a shot at winning the cup over pettersson. eight days a week

that's just a laughably bad hot take. Kane is an elite HOF player, conn Smythe winner, hart winner, and 3x cup winner who is still scoring 90 and 100 pt seasons and you say there isn't a team that would take Kane over pettersson

take off the blue goggles

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Reactions: Pertti

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yeeesh no thank you, as much as I like Kane as a player it wouldn't work with our cap situation plus we'd have to give up one of our better players + prospects to get a 31 year old who will probably be on the decline in a few years anyway. I see him retiring a Blackhawk and will probably be the last one standing with their existing core.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Wow that list is really really bad.

I mean they got some of the top guys but there are some real crazy inclusions there.

Dominik Kubalik, at 12 screams WTF
yeah it's just laughable. no single person with a front office job is taking pettersson over Kane for a full season + playoff run

kane has offensive vision like nobody else in the league except mcdavid or crosby. kane carried Michal handzus to a cup as his 2C.

pettersson is a really good player, Kane is still an elite game breaker. pettersson has yet to show he can win games on his own

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Well, maybe we can find these two to help recruit Kane to Vancouver, he seemed to be enjoying this night out in Vancouver way back when. For those not that have never seen was after a Hawks limo ride downtown Vancouver after game.
5be2203e3c0000a2020e36b4.jpeg

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
yeah it's just laughable. no single person with a front office job is taking pettersson over Kane for a full season + playoff run

kane has offensive vision like nobody else in the league except mcdavid or crosby. kane carried Michal handzus to a cup as his 2C.

pettersson is a really good player, Kane is still an elite game breaker. pettersson has yet to show he can win games on his own

I can confidently say every GM is taking a
22 year old Pettersson over a 32 year old Kane right now.

If you don’t think he’s a game breaker, you flat out haven’t watched him play.

Also there’s not an NHL player in the world that “wins games on their own”. Pettersson doesn’t do that and neither does Kane.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Are we considering the Hart voting a list? Because Pettersson had more than Kane this year.

Kane right now may be better offensively. Pettersson plays a premium position and has much more of a 200 foot game.

Also: Ranking the Top 25 NHL Players Playing in the 2020 Postseason

Kane plays on a bad team with constant changing line mates and put up 84 last year (in 70 games) and 110 the year before.

There’s a reason you’re grasping at the hart list thing, because you won’t find a creditable list with Pettersson over Kane.

Pettersson is one of the best young Cs in the game, nobody would argue that. But Patrick Kane is one of the absolute best players of all time, and still somewhat in his prime. A future first ballot HOFer.

So I’d pump the breaks a bit.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019

Also there’s not an NHL player in the world that “wins games on their own”. Pettersson doesn’t do that and neither does Kane.

That’s different, of course most Gms would take a 22 year old 1C over an aging winger. (Albeit one of the best wingers to ever play)

Saying Pettersson is better than Kane RIGHT NOW, completely separate argument.

Also for the record, if a gm of a team making a cup run had the choice of Kane for 2-3 more years vs Pettersson, I’m willing to bet there are a handful that would take Kane and up there chances at a cup.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
:laugh:
Well, maybe we can find these two to help recruit Kane to Vancouver, he seemed to be enjoying this night out in Vancouver way back when. For those not that have never seen was after a Hawks limo ride downtown Vancouver after game.

Yikes, I forgot about that.

Is that the best Vancouver has to offer? Lol

Ok I feel bad, we’ll give you Kane for a bag of pucks, straight up.​

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

your bias is so laughably bad. it's not even worth entertaining. "I can confidently say..." without knowing a single thing of what I'm talking about. what a joke. pettersson will never be on the level of patrick kane. sorry, you can't just take a really good player and compare him to likely the best american born player in NHL history

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Kane plays on a bad team with constant changing line mates and put up 84 last year (in 70 games) and 110 the year before.

There’s a reason you’re grasping at the hart list thing, because you won’t find a creditable list with Pettersson over Kane.

Pettersson is one of the best young Cs in the game, nobody would argue that. But Patrick Kane is one of the absolute best players of all time, and still somewhat in his prime. A future first ballot HOFer.

So I’d pump the breaks a bit.
that's the pretty common sense logic escaping some here, and it's not as if Kane had slow d down at all

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Kane is 31 not currently 32. Being 31 with Patrick Kane’s play style isn’t a bad thing. Even other elite players that don’t have a play style that ages as well as Patrick Kane normally don’t stop slowing done till well after 31 (34/35).The thing is that the ultimate goal is to win a cup. A team that has been stocking up on young talent suddenly gets the chance to acquire a three time cup winner an art ross, con smythe player. Also this player is still scoring at 95/100 point pace. Patrick Kane is easily the better player and every GM in this situation would trade Pettersson.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

you know there is also a position called "goalies" too right?

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Just lock it up, Vancouver doesn’t need an aging Kane and we also won’t be giving up that amount of assets for an aging player

Pitter Patter

May 20, 2020
Remember when Vancouver got embarrassed by Boston and burned their own city down in penance?

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
your bias is so laughably bad. it's not even worth entertaining. "I can confidently say..." without knowing a single thing of what I'm talking about. what a joke. pettersson will never be on the level of patrick kane. sorry, you can't just take a really good player and compare him to likely the best american born player in NHL history

Pettersson’s production in his 20/21 year old seasons is nearly identical to Kane’s lol. Also Kane isn’t close to Brett Hull.

Kane is 31 not currently 32. Being 31 with Patrick Kane’s play style isn’t a bad thing. Even other elite players that don’t have a play style that ages as well as Patrick Kane normally don’t stop slowing done till well after 31 (34/35).The thing is that the ultimate goal is to win a cup. A team that has been stocking up on young talent suddenly gets the chance to acquire a three time cup winner an art ross, con smythe player. Also this player is still scoring at 95/100 point pace. Patrick Kane is easily the better player and every GM in this situation would trade Pettersson.

Kane will be 32 in a month...Also no GM trades a 22 year old superstar for a 32 year old superstar.

you know there is also a position called "goalies" too right?

Thought it was clear I was talking position players but okay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad